Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
Quote Originally Posted by talkingfish
As most people know on here, I own a fully restored concours winning Williams 1 that has had thousands spend on it to reach that standard. Now, you might argue I'm mad to spend that money if you think ultimately that car is only worth £3k maximum!

Now, to those that have a love of this car (of which there are many) they fully understand and appreciate the time, effort and money that has gone into the restoration. The insurers must agree to because it has and agreed value at the £6k you originally mention.

Yes, you can buy much more modern machinery that are safer, more roomy and faster. (we own a 197 whose value is getting dangerously close to that of the Williams!) But how many of those cars have that magic special ingredient that you get every time you take a Williams on a special drive?

The car is already a borderline classic and there is no doubt it will be a future classic. As with all things in life, something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. For fully restored or genuine low mileage examples figures in excess of £6k are totally realistic, even in this market.
Amen
I'll 3rd that!! Well said!