Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Have we got 40 yet?

Haha you pussies thought I chickened out :P

Still havent decided what to bring..a 355 in giallo (thats nana colour for english speaking folk), R32, T-Jet, a bike again or just to be different the Willy :D
    How is it possible that I will be the only one with a proper williams then? I should be made honorary guest and given freebies just for showing up!!

I am getting well

See you
    Fab.

p.s sorry to hear about your woes wobba..maybe next time

Dont forget your driving license guys!!!!!

Sign on is 7.30am, briefing is at 8.30am we start driving at 9am. See you all monday guys

Northy

Quote Originally Posted by northy

Dear Richard,

Many thanks for choosing to attend the Donington Park track day event on the 25 July 2011. This final instruction should contain everything you will need to know for the event.

Itinerary

Signing On 7.30 Briefing 8.30 Start Driving 9.00 Lunch 12.30 Start Driving 13.30 End Driving 17.00

The event will be run in open pit lane format.

Please ensure you read and adhere to the 7 point checklist below before commencing your journey to the circuit:

1) Bring your driving license - both the plastic and paper parts (please note that an MSA race license is not an acceptable substitute)

2) Make sure your car complies with any noise restrictions at the venue (98dB drive by)

3) Ensure your car is fit for the purpose intended; this includes brake, tyre, suspension and steering checks

4) Fit your towing-eye prior to joining the circuit

5) Bring suitable clothing as covered arms & legs are required at all times on the track

6) Slicks are not permitted on cars without adequate rollover protection

7) No hand-held cameras are permitted - any cameras need to be securely mounted in the car

Additional Requirements

The primary requirements are that all drivers and passengers read and complete a Track Day Declaration and Indemnity form (download link available at the bottom of this confirmation or in the sign on office at the circuit) and that anyone going out onto the circuit wears a helmet. Helmets are available to hire at £10 per day.

There will be a compulsory safety briefing at 8:30AM. There will be another briefing 1 hour later.

Additional Drivers and Passengers

We do not charge for passengers or additional drivers (4 of each maximum). All drivers and passengers have to read and complete the Track Day Declaration and Indemnity before going out onto the circuit. Spectators are welcome. Children under 16 years are not allowed onto the circuit.

Directions

Donington can be approached from either the M1 or M42. From M1 take J23A or J24 and follow A453. If unsure just head for East Midlands Airport. Donington is next door. Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2RP.

Petrol

Fuel is available at the circuit.

Garages

£30 to book in advance. Please email to reserve.

Tuition

A free 20 minute tuition session will be made available for novices (slots allocated at signing on). Further tuition is available at £25 for an additional 20 minute session, £150 for a half day and £250 for the full day. Please book in advance.

Photography

Xtreme Sports Photography will be present throughout the day. Please contact Nick on 0778 8825 952 for any specific requirements and to order CD's/prints.

Insurance

Contact REIS Insurance Management on 0115 985 0165 for track day insurance cover. Mention you are doing a Circuit Days event and that we are ATDO members (note track day insurance is not mandatory to participate).

Track Day Declaration and Indemnity

Below you will find the Track Day Declaration and Indemnity form download link which we ask all drivers and passengers to read, complete and bring with them to the circuit.

Click here to download the form

Contact Us

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us either by e-mail or phone. Many thanks for choosing Circuit Days and see you on 25 July 2011!

Kind Regards

The Circuit Days Team

There is one place available now guys. If any wants it contact richy.

Great day. Even the weather was the best I have seen for a couple of weeks. Many thanks to Northy for organising the booking.

Nice to meet you Fab. Well done for making it over. Hope you had a great day too. You left before I had the chance to say goodbye, but hope you had a good trip back and look forward to seeing you again at the next one

Forum User
    What an awesome day I had at this cheers to all involved in a very very eventful trackday. I'm safely home now and just finished unloading the mortally wounded 106 rallye off the trailer.

Should be some good videos cropping up from us over the next few days.

What a brilliant day ! Golf went well, even when it was called `that old Golf, you know, the one with the ironing board fastened to it...` (as I heard it described by some clio owners )

Got incar footage from almost every lap, will post when I can.

My wife took loads of photos, here`s one of Northy. Seems only fair seeing as he organised it for you lot. Nice to actually meet you too Northy :D

Nige.

awesome just really awesome day. even though I only got a half session in it was great to be there with you all there and experience it. words cant really describe how it felt..couldn't wipe the smile off my face and still cant thinking what a buzz!

so just back in the door to let you's know we made it back ok and hope the rest of you's did also. the front wheel bearing must have collapsed just as i arrived at the event but it didn't put a downer on being there.

thanks again!

Fabio.

Forum User
    Great day out at Donny was had by all I reckon. Nice to see Northy and Mat hope Karen enjoyed her birthday and thanks for chocky cake! Respect to Fab for silly oclock ferry trip and nice to hear history of his well travelled williams. Nice to meet Coops and hope the water stayed in the engine at least till you got home! Many thanks to Foxy for several eventful laps, riding shotgun, watched you leave the tvr for dead on exit of redgate and then lol as you were watching the caterham then nearly went off on the exit! Was that lil moo we saw about a kilometre off on the grass at starkeys ? Work was very dull at 6. Cheers all, Jock.

Quote Originally Posted by jock
    Great day out at Donny was had by all I reckon. Nice to see Northy and Mat hope Karen enjoyed her birthday and thanks for chocky cake! Respect to Fab for silly oclock ferry trip and nice to hear history of his well travelled williams. Nice to meet Coops and hope the water stayed in the engine at least till you got home! Many thanks to Foxy for several eventful laps, riding shotgun, watched you leave the tvr for dead on exit of redgate and then lol as you were watching the caterham then nearly went off on the exit! Was that lil moo we saw about a kilometre off on the grass at starkeys ? Work was very dull at 6. Cheers all, Jock.
    i was in the black locost 7 kit car in front of foxy, kept checking my wing mirror which was vibrating so much i could see two of him!
    was a good day even though my hybrid failed to get there,

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jock

Hehe it was indeed moo diving off onto the grass but only to get out the way of traffic when his high comp bodied vts engine threw a rod and holed his block!!!

There's an awesome video of it going bang called "peugeot 106 rallye trackday blow up" I can't link it from my phone so if someone could link or even better embed it that'd be great.