Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Car

Quote Originally Posted by cliokongen
    Looking good Wobba.... :D
    New guess the bhp game perhaps?
    I won't do a guess the BHP game I don't want to raise expectations this time. There could be unforeseen issues, but thus far it's looking good and the ingredients are there for a belter of an engine build. Nick Hill and Dave Walker are both well known and respected and Dan has met all his promises and put up with my repeated offers of advice on how he should do things he already knows how to do, and multitude of questions, lol. I am a bit nervous after the bad luck I've had :(

The engine has done 1k miles, so it's more or less run in but knowing what new engines are like, they don't free up completely for some time unless you rag it everywhere so I imagine the figures wont be the best they can be straight out of the box, though I am hoping for over 200.

Quote Originally Posted by GazTwo
    looking good Wobba, hope all goes to plan this time. Like u say u've got all the ingredients for a very quick car!!

When u've got used to the power send it up to Martin for some weight improvements!!....Socket/Torx set and some snips he's away!!
    Lol. Yes, thank you, and thanks for the advice :D Hopefully it will take me some time till I get bored of the power this time :p

Seems funny seeing your car in dans garage. Then i spot lees, and gus's... awww

Quote Originally Posted by LEIGH-ANNE
    Well he'd better keep that 2 litre heap of shite away from my car or there will be trouble :P

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LEIGH-ANNE
    Well he'd better keep that 2 litre heap of shite away from my car or there will be trouble :P
    It's ok, the sheer brutality of my car physically repels the gayness of your pink chick-wagon.

Big problem arose yesterday as Dan and Ktec could not get Catcams to send over their back order batch of cams, including my 213's, which are late. It meant the deadline for my mapping date would be missed. A big blow to my plans :(

No other cam manufacturer could meet the deadline either, we tried Piper and Colombo & Bariania as well (no response from them at all to date, plus their cam profiling is either too mild for road for me or waaaay too bonkers with their motorsport range lol...though I was tempted).

I decided to get on to Catcams in Belgium myself, to explain why I needed this part urgently, and could they please help, and I didn't care how much it cost. After looking into it and various communiques going on between themselves in the background, they agreed to rob another international shipment of some 213 cams for us and have someone at their warehouse to stay late and arrange an overnight courier ;)

Sorted!

Matthew Saville at Catcams was very helpful in organising this at their end. It only cost £30 to have them ship them over separately from their main UK bulk shipment, worth every penny, as otherwise I could not get another mapping slot for over 4 weeks at Emerald!

In return, they want to see the graphs and figures of my final dyno run after mapping to see the effect of their cams. Be hard to tell as there is so much changing with the engine, but I will send them nevertheless.

Hooray!

so what parts are going to be left from the APD build & what is not ?

Are they new T/B's or existing ones with new bits added ?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by northy

All that will remain really is the cam pulleys, the ITBs, and the emerald ECU and loom.

Quote Originally Posted by sideways danny
    Quote Originally Posted by northy

All that will remain really is the cam pulleys, the ITBs, and the emerald ECU and loom.
    Yes. There's a few bits that will remain like catch tank and stuff. The basic neat engine bay will obviously stay neat and tidy as Craig did a good job there, and hopefully look better with the addition of a few other shiny bits

have u bench flowed both heads (APD vs Hill Power) to see which flows the best ?

Hurry up and shift this thing Dan as im waiting on you ......lmao,nice updates