Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESSEX PEEPS

Blimey - that's early! I've just got home. I'll get the car out of the garage and head down there shortly!

Forum User
    had to pull out on this one sorry guys, came out of work to turn the key and the starter motor had given up great timing

^^^^^ you were lucky then! not many turned up! i got there at 7pm and had a meal there(very nice) and all that turned up was a 306, and a renault 5 turbo(pulled in and went round the car park and went). steveieb rang me at 8pm and i said dont bother its shit. and i left at 8.15pm and it was still dead.
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    Humm you up for ace cafe on the 15 th ? i think lol

Now the weather has picked up a bit I'm eager to start going for some 'runs' and there are a couple of car-related events coming up that I thought I might go to. Is anyone on here interested in meeting up at either of these over the next few weeks?

This Sunday, 24th March. Open day at JD Classics, Maldon.
    http://www.jdclassics.co.uk/
    I've been a few times before. Tour of their workshop/restoration facilities. They do a lot of work on classic Jags and have lots of beautiful old cars in their showroom. They also do car storage so you can wander around the buildings and get up close to a myriad of classics, F1/LeMans cars and more modern stuff too (last time they had an Enzo, Merc SLS, Alfa 8C, etc. there). Literally millions and millions of £ worth of cars under one roof! I can't see this advertised on their site so there is a possibility that it is invitation only, so I suggest that if there is any interest we either convoy down there together or meet up at an agreed time in their car park so we can all go in together.

Sat 7th April at The Hare near Chelmsford. 'Breakfast club' meeting. I've not been to one yet but I think it is just a chance to ogle some nice cars that could turn up and enjoy a coffee and pastry for breakfast:

http://www.pieandpintinns.co.uk/pdf/...stclub2012.pdf

This event is definitely 'public' so we don't need to make any arrangements and you can just turn up on the day, or not, but I just thought that if anyone else was interested it might be a good place to meet up as all Williams owners are car enthusiasts!

I'm up for the April meet! I've got parental duties this weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by MG1980
    I'm up for the April meet! I've got parental duties this weekend!!
    How old are your kids? I know they are more than happy for kids to go as I have taken my two (now 5 and 8, but would have been about 4 and 6 last time) a couple of times previously.

I made a mistake in the date above anyway - Sunday is the 25th of course.

It seems it wasn't only me that was interested in getting out in the car this weekend as I have just received an invitation to go to Maxted Page on Saturday too. http://www.maxted-page.com/ Again if anyone is interested (when I went last year they had 2 GT40s, James Hunt's old Lola, JayKay's Porsche RS and a load of other Porsche racers) then let me know and I'll make some arrangements.

I hope is stays dry as I could have quite an enjoyable weekend!

My girl's 9 buddy. I'd have loved to go, but the other downer is my car is at the body shop having the front end resprayed and I probably won't get it back until Monday. If I can get it back on Saturday I'll post up tomorrow!!

Sure, no probs. The JD Classics thing is certainly a fairly regular thing over the Summer - I know I went at least twice last year - so if you can't make this weekend it's not like it is a once-in-a-lifetime chance missed! I'll post up again when I hear about the next open day date - last year they seemed to advertise it on their website but this year they sent me an email which makes me wonder whether the 'public' format has changed. I'm almost certainly going down there on Sunday so I'll find out more about this year's plans then no doubt.