Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

hi from overseas, finaly ! -jo-

hi peeps,

its finaly time for a proper introduction. Ive been arround for a while, mostly reading and keeping my eyes on the "for sale" section. The only issue ive got is the language barrier. Never got any proper education in the english language and learned it from the tele and my overseas friends from 21TOC. Dont shoot me when i'm writtin horrible grammatic mistakes

Made, born and kicking in Belgium, the land where the gouverment banned tuned and modified cars. You read that correct, its illegal to modify anything on our cars besides rims, inductions and exhaust systems. For inductions, exhausts and lowering whe need documents with CE-approval from the manufacturer. Most belgian people who modified there cars, like eurostyle for example, rebuild there car ones a year when whe need to go for MOT. The Belgian MOT is totaly diff. then the UK-version. Our MOT-stations are gouverment property wich means...no gifts from you're local garage of MOT-tester.

Back to me then,currently 38 years young (or old, as you prefer), married with Katrijn (Kate) and father off 2 great son's ( Geoffrey 13 and Thomas 14). My passion started many many moons ago. My parents always whent for renaults and my first car at 18 was the R5 gtt Ph1, 26.000 km from new. From that moment there was no holding back, renault was in my blood. After own several gtt's, 19-16v's, 9turbo, 25V6 and safrane the love tempered a bit and bought my first E30 M3 at age of 25. That would last for long, crashed it after 3 months and bought the E36 M3 ceccoto version, 525tds,730 V8, E36-320, Audi S6. ... ok, this getting realy boring ! From 2000 it was back into the renaults as daily's but also hobby-wise. I bought the 19 16v ph2 as weekend toy. In 2002 ive bought my first 21turbo and from that moment things go wrong, seriously wrong. I desided to start small club with some friends and mess arround/fix cars. Rented a barn, fitted a ramp and some other garage equipment and now whe talk about an out off control hobby. At this moment ive got 6x21t's, 2x19 16v, twingo mk1 2.0 turbo project, 3xgtt and yes...finaly a clio 16v !!

So far for the intro i guess ? In the past ive posted many pics in another topic in the newbie section (Maurice)

Forum User
    http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...840&highlight=

and my one off my baby's, from last months PFC magazine:

Forum User
    Now the serious part... :D

2 years ago ive builded the 19T with Glenn (Ph1, seen at FCS), low boost conversion and from that moment i knew that ive got to build me the 2.0T.
    I already bought Justin's F7R bottomend in the past for the crank and wossner rods and some other goodies but didnt make the disicion what car i was gonna use. Eventualy ive choosen for the clio 16 valver.

The car need to be ready for FCS 2011 and i'm in full progress with the engine (done for 70%) and work on the gearbox now. Williams sub and suspension is a must (i'm looking for one with other words).

A little idea on what i got so far:

the car:

Justin's Crank and rods (old bottomend)

My engine, the new one:

some parts, rad and silicon hoses:

refurb wheels:

another set:

head...1.8 ! 3angle-valve seats.

some testmaterial

Hairdryer left GT28RS .86turbine, .60compressor. Right GT3071R .86 turbine,.50 compressor

No pictures so far from manifold (nothing special, just the cast type). The gearbox i'm gonna use is the ND-00 (225), no matter what, it will fit ! Whe looking in to that at the moment. More to come...

Cheers for now and good night !

Welcome to the site. And well done for the excellent introduction - you certainly don't need to worry about your written English as it is better than a lot of people who have English as their first language! I look forward to reading more about your projects, so keep it coming.

Any parts you need give MatBrown on here a shout - he has everything and is very helpful. There is a chance I might be able to drop stuff off in Belgium if its too big to post overseas as I pass through there now and then on the way to the 'Ring. I don't think I'm likely to be going between now and much before FCS though I'm afraid, if your target is getting it all done by then - really hope to see you there and I plan to make it there myself for the first time this year (I really need to have a fixed target for finishing my car too!).

Re: hi from overseas, finaly ! -jo-

Quote Originally Posted by -jo-
    Made, born and kicking in Belgium, the land where the gouverment banned tuned and modified cars. You read that correct, its illegal to modify anything on our cars besides rims, inductions and exhaust systems. For inductions, exhausts and lowering whe need documents with CE-approval from the manufacturer. Most belgian people who modified there cars, like eurostyle for example, rebuild there car ones a year when whe need to go for MOT. The Belgian MOT is totaly diff. then the UK-version. Our MOT-stations are gouverment property wich means...no gifts from you're local garage of MOT-tester.
    It's the same here in Slovenia. Complete exhaust and suspension swap for every MOT. And then stripping and hiding engine modifications that should not be there! I'm still working on my speech that explains how Gr.A intake is "just an optional equipment for these cars and it was available from Renault..." I'm just not really sure if my MOT man will buy this!

I desided to start small club with some friends and mess arround/fix cars. Rented a barn, fitted a ramp and some other garage equipment and now whe talk about an out off control hobby. At this moment ive got 6x21t's, 2x19 16v, twingo mk1 2.0 turbo project, 3xgtt and yes...finaly a clio 16v !!
    Same story. Me and my mates found an old barn and one year later it's a proper workshop.

BTW, my mate builds a proper BX Superproduction. It will be an animal with around 800hp/tonne. :D Finding suitable parts for that car is really hard. Not to mention the price. So, I understand your "pain"!

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I would love to see more pics of your projects! Keep up the good work!

Fuking LOL at the number of head gaskets haha!

I remember your 21 turbo. Some nice trick gear on that, well done, and now I see you have good ol' Justin's bottom end too! Fantastic.

Do make the effort to some see us at FCS and if there is anything we can do to help let us know, I am sure there will be a load of us happy to assist :D

Forum User
    Thx Wobba, you can count on that and i'm sure that i'm gonna meet some people before FCS.
    The cup engine from the 21 is prov. sold and if everything goes by plan, i'm gonna deliver it at gloucestershire wich give me the opportunity to pick up some williams parts for my valver.

The only confusion at the moment is about the steering rack, will this be reversable ? I know for sure that this aint possible with the 21's. They have diff shaped left and right arms. If the rhd williams rack is ussable on the lefthooker, happy days !

Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by robi1000
    It's the same here in Slovenia. Complete exhaust and suspension swap for every MOT. And then stripping and hiding engine modifications that should not be there! I'm still working on my speech that explains how Gr.A intake is "just an optional equipment for these cars and it was available from Renault..." I'm just not really sure if my MOT man will buy this!
    Screw the belgian rules ! It became that crazy that i exported the car to holland wich is just 40 min away from me and a friend took it in his name. In Holland they handle the same system as UK. Everything is possible.

I know the feeling about GrN and cup parts. I've used all original renaultparts from the cup car and even took the GrN and cup manual with me to MOT.

hello jo,welcome. Looking forward to reading some more posts about your project

I know the feeling about GrN and cup parts. I've used all original renaultparts from the cup car and even took the GrN and cup manual with me to MOT.
    Did it make any difference? I wanted to photoshop Gr.A manual and erase all unnecessary things (where it says Clio Gr.A ) and presenting it as optional equipment. Then I'd print another version of Clio Williams booklet with these schemes integrated inside in a nice hardcover booklet.

In Belgium, do you also have trouble with police inspecting your car and taking you to extra MOT because they suspect your car is tuned? If they find out that it is, your license plates are confiscated and you get massive fine...

Not to mention that in addition to that you have to pay the authorised dealer to remove the parts, replace them with original ones and come back for another MOT (for which you pay). It's crazy...