Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgrades

Forum User

upgrades

time for an engine rebuild thanks to the auxillary belt fouling the cam belt while its all in pieces are there any recommendations of parts to replace with upgraded/uprated ones over standard

i would be interested to here some answers to this to

Forum User
    hi mate, where are you in chesterfield i'm only in tupton and am just re-building a hybrid. what kind of thing are you thinking of, cams n stuff like that..? i've just got my crank knife cut lightened and balanced at cottrell engineering for a good price...?

Forum User
    Just thought ide ask about possible options might just leave it standard not sure. I'm in brimington not far away then

Quote Originally Posted by c110mk
    hi mate, where are you in chesterfield i'm only in tupton and am just re-building a hybrid. what kind of thing are you thinking of, cams n stuff like that..? i've just got my crank knife cut lightened and balanced at cottrell engineering for a good price...?
    How much did that cost? Have you got contact details for them as I want to get my crank lightened

Forum User
    £200 but i've known him since i was 4.. i'll let you know what its like as soon as i get it back he's alittle busy at the mo, but I could ask him about a group buy or doin a few at a time to get a bit more discount if anyones interested...?
    yeah not far at all mate if you need a hand with anything just give me a shout i'm in most saturdays..

Forum User
    cheers pal just picked a load of engine bits up but engine was out of a 05 megane so only bottom end internals of any use so still looking for head bits

Quote Originally Posted by c110mk
    £200 but i've known him since i was 4.. i'll let you know what its like as soon as i get it back he's alittle busy at the mo, but I could ask him about a group buy or doin a few at a time to get a bit more discount if anyones interested...?
    Cool, I deffo want mine doing but there's no rush atm, got lots of other bits I need to buy 1st but I'll keep in touch about it

Forum User
    sound mate i'll get some pics up as soon as i get it back so you can see what its like..

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by canelloni
    cheers pal just picked a load of engine bits up but engine was out of a 05 megane so only bottom end internals of any use so still looking for head bits
    i may have or be able to get hold of a valver head if thats any good to you mate..?