Williams 3 for sale

Hi,
    I bought a Renault Williams 3 in December; as a weekend car. Only to find that you can apparently only use your 'no claims bonus' on one car! Stupid I know, so now I can't really justify paying for two cars and need to keep my diesel golf, because of my works mileage. So going to sell the Williams on. If anyone's interested please E-mail me at stuartjohnnixon@hotmail.com for more info. I live on the Herts / Essex border, near Harlow/Bishops Stortford. Its done 72,000 miles, is in really good condition, good subframe and clean body. 1 section of rust on the drivers door sill. I've driven it around for a couple of weekends and all goes really well. Have the original matts (never used), spare aftermarket full exhaust system, suitcase parcel shelf. Car comes with Alpine soundsystem etc. Cars on a private number plate. Is originally a 1995 (N) car. Seems a great machine, can supply pictures, other info etc. £3300 or offers.

Good luck in the sale.....Sounds good, any pics mate?

Forum User
    Before selling up you should look for a classic car policy which does not require no claims bonus, try Peter Best.

yeah i'd try classic insurance - it is dirt cheap for weekend limited milage cars

Forum User
    I can vouch for Peter Best . like you , i got a Williams 3 in december as a weekend toy,value agreed at £3800 with Peter Best and was quoted £218 for 5k miles per annum on the classic car policy , really good service too!

good luck

Steve

Banned
    Nice tip on the Classic car pol, I recently bought a runabout and the Williams is now my race car so I've got a policy where I can insure it for upto 3 months a year, I just call to let them know if I want it insuring for a weekend, a week, or whatever. think it's about £50 a week.

Forum User
    I pay £200 a year on my classic policy for a Williams 1.

Cheers guys

All, serious thanks.

I drove the Williams today for what I thought was the last time. Got back saw your messages about Peter Best, called them and they've insured it for £250. A quarter of the price directline wanted as a second car. So anyways I've got it insured, planning to drive it for a bit to enjoy and then sell.

So if anyones interested its still for sale, but now not urgently.

By the way, Peter Best said something about taking 6 colour photos and sending them, then they'd give me an agreed valuation, anyone else had to do this?

Pic of the Williams 3

For Matrix guy, uploaded a pic of the Williams in the rain.

All - I live on Essex / Herts border, so if you're local and see the car around, give us a shout, be good to catch up with some other Williams owners.

Still possibly for sale £3300 or offers.

Re: Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by 1982disco

By the way, Peter Best said something about taking 6 colour photos and sending them, then they'd give me an agreed valuation, anyone else had to do this?
    Yes I believe this is common to get an agreed value..... my owner had to supply more than 6 showing all my aspects