Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Williams value

Cars have bombed in General - I really wanted to sell mine and get something else - looked on pistonheads saw lots I wanted and they were all cheaper than I thought!

Ooooo!

But!

Turns out mines worth feck all now as is everything else - so can't afford what I fancied as the offsets too big lol.

I'd give anything to be a cash buyer right now.

And if I had some spare cash coops I'd have your willy off you - still like it :D

Forum User
    in general will always struggle this time of year, but certain cars will always be harder to sell due to a more niche market ie a williams

things like a 172/182 are ten a penny which will be one reason there cheaper then a fish n chip supper!

^^ Aye, one day if you keep hold of a good one they should climb back up a little bit but it seems I bought one 2 years too early!

I'd have a phase 1 if I had my time again, 2k gets you a good one, 500 quid gets an even better one, few more quid on suspension and breathing mods - job done.

Forum User
    I had mine for sale for months and no one even asked about it, eventually figured I'd keep it (this is about 6 weeks ago). Last weekend fitted a new alternator, got winter tyres and sorted out my insurance renewal. Next day I get an e-mail asking if it is still for sale (from a 2 month old advert), within 24 hours I had 2 other people ask for details. Next day the first guys checks the car over and the following day gives me the money I wanted and drove away.

I am completely bemused.

Would i be right in saying it's like a double edge sword? your damned if you keep it and your damned if you dont!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    ^^ Aye, one day if you keep hold of a good one they should climb back up a little bit but it seems I bought one 2 years too early!

I'd have a phase 1 if I had my time again, 2k gets you a good one, 500 quid gets an even better one, few more quid on suspension and breathing mods - job done.
    tbh 90% of cars you buy will drop in value anyway after that amount of time!

but they might climb abit but cant see it being massively unless its a split mint example!

I bought mine with the intention of keeping it until it meets its maker, and I dont mean taking it to Renault for a service.

So although the market doesn't affect it me, its still a concern. All cars of this type eventually pick up in price, chins up kids.

Is this the one you got quite cheap? Or is that another one? Maybe it's priced too high for it's condition? I'd expect to pay £2k for a mint Williams now and £1.5k for one in reasonable to good condition. Sub £1.5k for anything less.

Just looked at your for sale thread. I reckon £1.8k is pretty reasonable.

Forum User
    get the gearbox done as it would put people with little knowledge off i think, car looks brilliant otherwise