Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum User
    tbf the driver of the 4x4 probably thought it was some chav in a lowered/noisy clio trying to jump everyone down the middle lane lol

but pushing someone into oncoming traffic is ****ing stupid, should of took there reg and reported them!

4x4 drivers... cunts...

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    tbf the driver of the 4x4 probably thought it was some chav in a lowered/noisy clio trying to jump everyone down the middle lane lol

but pushing someone into oncoming traffic is f***king stupid, should of took there reg and reported them!

4x4 drivers... c**ts...

Forum User
    4x4 drivers... c**ts...
    Agreed, they're a terrible bunch

but pushing someone into oncoming traffic is f***king stupid, should of took there reg and reported them!

4x4 drivers... c**ts...
    Yes, they probably did make a stereotypical judgement about me, due to my car, and based their behaviour on that fundamentally flawed conclusion.

Surely, if I were such a person/chav, caution would the approach to take. Better still, acting in a way that sets example to me (i.e. not going OTT and driving so poorly) is the wiser, more responsible, course of action?

As for the middle lane...I drove within the law. It only became an issue for the other driver because they made it an issue for themselves, and driving beyond their skill and ability to control a vehicle, hence almost spinning the car off the road, despite their 4WD and various other driver aids I don't have the luxury of, thankfully

The second incident was just another example of how this person thinks. Letting emotion and anger overrule their common sense in what could have been a tragic incident...and for what? Nothing.

I got half their reg plate. It was V737. I was going to report it but didn't see the driver.

Forum User
    lol dont go getting ya knickers in a twist man!

you are they one who said you scooted down the middle lane as it was free while everyone was sat in traffic, then gave it a little welly away from the lights!,

so they probably did just stereotype you as they most likely heard your car before actually seeing it, and like 99% of road users just assume if its a noisy hot-hatch, its being driven by a chav or some boyracer!
    and you might not of broke any law i never said you did lol

i certainly dont condone what they might of done, already said it was ****ing stupid!!

I agree with that you said. It's not what you've written that's wound me up, its simply the more I think about it, the more the other person has twisted my knickers!

Personally, I don't associate 'Williams' with 'chav' or 'boy racer'. I guess for people who don't know much about cars, that's what they will see. Then again, I've heard many negative associations for many types of car: Scoobys, EVO's Ferrari's, BWM etc etc

I don't try and drive anyone off the road based on the car they drive though

4x4 drivers... c**ts...

we have a fleet of 4x4 vehicles that i drive regulary and i bloody love them!

Forum User
    lol i love 4x4's too, untill recently i had one! and i drive some at work too

i agree a williams isnt what id normally associate with a chav/boy racer although i have seen a few dodgy ones about,

but 99% of road users who wont know will just assume and stereotype the driver,

same with many other vehicles on the road lol volvo drivers - coffin dodgers, white van men(me) lol, 4x4 drivers...(was me!), bmw drivers...........errrrr

i have a personal hatred for all bmw drivers at the moment, they drive like complete tossers in their 07 plate onward cars, just because i drive a little clio DOES NOT MEAN IM INVISIBLE!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Clio-Girl
    i have a personal hatred for all bmw drivers at the moment, they drive like complete tossers in their 07 plate onward cars, just because i drive a little clio DOES NOT MEAN IM INVISIBLE!
    Oi! :P