Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Clio-Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    4X4's are acceptable if you are a farmer, to use one for the school run and bully other people on the road is not.
    thats very typecast, we own 2 discoveries and a hi-lux pick up and we are by no way farmers, but they are used for the family businesses which again doesnt involve going anywhere near a farm (unless a delivery happens to be at a farm of course) we would be lost without them, even if they do occasionaly get used to pop to tescos for a pint of milk
    Yes that comment probably was a bit typecast, but you know what I'm saying, if you need one for work etc then fair enough, but how many people who own one actually need one? Not many I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    4X4's are acceptable if you are a farmer, to use one for the school run and bully other people on the road is not.
    thats very typecast, we own 2 discoveries and a hi-lux pick up and we are by no way farmers, but they are used for the family businesses which again doesnt involve going anywhere near a farm (unless a delivery happens to be at a farm of course) we would be lost without them, even if they do occasionaly get used to pop to tescos for a pint of milk
    Yes, typecast a bit. I think that can happen with certain people no matter what vehicle they are in - I cycle rather than use the car 5 days of the week so even little Micras seem to enjoy driving straight at me, cutting me up, etc. There is definitely something in 'self preservation' that stops you doing it against something that is a similar size to your own vehicle, which is probably why 4x4s seem the worst culprits.

BTW, I live on a farm and don't have a 4x4 (unless you count Scoobies?)

to be fair, Justin is a bmw driver in denial... his heart lays with the mk1 clios so he doesnt count
    Beemers are awesome providing you're not a complete homo that's unwilling to weld the diff to get plenty of sideways action

E30's, like mine, are the best tho

Forum User
    dont need a welded diff to go sideways