Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    J o n
    the sadev box is complete unit and nothing like tho Northy. will these have any guarantee, as i'd like to know they have confidence their product wont explode after some general abuse that these cars get...

i basically mean performance asside what benifit is there for this price, as i'd expect an indestructable box for that price... well, nigh on anyway!

maybe....my 3rd gear is crunching now would he may able to sort this when he strips it down or would I need a new box too?

You guys have far too much spare cash you bastards. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    the sadev box is complete unit and nothing like tho Northy. will these have any guarantee, as i'd like to know they have confidence their product wont explode after some general abuse that these cars get...

i basically mean performance asside what benifit is there for this price, as i'd expect an indestructable box for that price... well, nigh on anyway!
    I asked about a warrenty and he said that they give the usual warrenty and that they treat there customers very well...ive been given some details of a williams in Blackpool running a LSD (which he was kind enough to provide) - I will get intouch asap.

Hes done 12 williams in total so far....forgot to ask how many had come back for rebuilds since.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin.
    maybe....my 3rd gear is crunching now would he may able to sort this when he strips it down or would I need a new box too?
    Nope.

Tom says that they will fully strip and clean the gearbox, (£150) and replace any bits that need changing (at cost) while the box is apart.

The £150 covers the strip and clean + crown wheel welding and LSD fitting.

If anything these box's should be stronger than standard.

J o n
    exactly, sure no one wants to shell out all that money for it to break 6 months to a year down the line. people like 2 live who give it some stick and people like me that do a lot of miles wont want to be doing this once a year, otherwise it's not worth it... might be a good idea to advise em on how we use our cars?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    exactly, sure no one wants to shell out all that money for it to break 6 months to a year down the line. people like 2 live who give it some stick and people like me that do a lot of miles wont want to be doing this once a year, otherwise it's not worth it... might be a good idea to advise em on how we use our cars?
    I did jon.

Fast road use, 4 x trackdays a year and 10 days of 1/4miling covered it.

Jesus

The Gripper LSD on mine was built around 1997 according to receipts etc. The original owner used to race it at hill climb events and the car had 23 class wins, so you can see the kind of abuse the gear box has taken! I can only see in the history one major over haul of the LSD by D R Engineering and that was in 2002, so it had taken 5 years of hard driving.

Personally I wouldn't get one as I don't race my williams and I couldn't justify spending that amount of money, it just so happened to have an LSD already fitted when I bought it. If you're into track racing and 1/4 miling I'd definitely say it's worth it if you have the cash!

Col

lol@ northy

yes i priced a box up from sadev..was £6k....but that included a fully rebuilt s/c c/r dog box with sequential shift, all shifting gear and shift light/gear indicator....oh ...and 6 gears as well as reverse

and price would come down for a group buy of 5 or more..considerably too

or there is another option of a 5 speed helicot gear set with lsd and solid shaft kit at a cheaper 4k..or the lsd n solid shaft kit for 2k

can u get some info posted up jon....give me all the options please mate,.

standard ratios aswell.

:D