Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

irish williams 2

im in northern ireland and im thinking about buying a williams 2from the south.what would i need to look out for? are they any differant not being a uk car?

Forum User
    In all the time I have spent in the South I have never seen a Williams, but if you can all the same rules would apply. Do your own mechanical checks as their NCT test can be bypassed in the same way as our MOT can.

If it was originally registered in the republic (non-import) then chances are it's a UK spec Williams which means it's exactly as in the UK. Does it have williams "2" sticker on the side and rear? Then for sure it was built for UK spec.
    As far as I know no other country put the numbers beside the williams logo except the UK. That is about the only difference you will find between european models and UK models other than the steering wheel being on the left.

Forum User
    I could call over and have a look at it for you if you like as i am in cork, and i know exactly what to look for

do you know where it is walters300? it would be a great job if it was handy for you to check it out for me.

Dimma there are a number of williams around the country for sale..Is it private or trade and which county is it in? I'm in Dublin if that helps.

its trade and its in a place called tullamore.

yeah I saw it. its got the cork reg on it. looks like its been lowered at the rear. low enough cork reg number for the year so might actually be an original irish car rather than an import. not a bad price either if its been kept well. it's got its mot/nct also.
    I'll go look at also if your coming this way from up north. my own needs a good run so could be some fun!

if its not to much hassle for you would you look at it for me? im 150 miles from it and i wouldnt want to go all that way and it not a good one.i was talking to the guy who owns it and he says its a real clean one.i have a car which he said he would take as a trade.

OK will do. Any excuse for a drive :D
    If the rain holds off I will go see it tomorrow and revert back to you then.
    See you later.
    Fab.