Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    Very nice LA.

Tempted.

Let's face it though lads...it's not just about the weight is it? Bling factor comes into play with this kinda stuff too eh

I may be asking a daft question here, but I guess without internals you need bonnet pins, or can you still have the OE mounting bolts?
    You guess right. If you dont have internals your have to pin and catch it on.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba

Let's face it though lads...it's not just about the weight is it? Bling factor comes into play with this kinda stuff too eh

I may be asking a daft question here, but I guess without internals you need bonnet pins, or can you still have the OE mounting bolts?
    and one less thing to rust on a mk1!!!

regarding pinning its easy enough although depending where you decide to pin one you may need to drill some additional holes,
    bit of a pain if you just wanna check the oil etc as you need to put it somewere without the wind taking it lol,
    but much better when you need to fix something as its dead easy to remove a pinned bonnet.

looks good the the weght saving is top's as well.

what resin have you used and which do you intend to use on the pure carbon, pollyester or epoxy..

Also how do you intend to make them.. are they all wet lay ups, vac bag or do you have a kilm so you can use pre preg each method has a plus and a price i no.

Forum User
    if anyones seen my car...its a single skin fibreglass/carbon fibre one with no internals thats pinned and i loooooooove it!

i'd be interested in tailgate....and lets not beat around the bush....i want carbon rear quarters!!! :D

Pics of the internals... Internals, for both carbon and glass are made from fibreglass.

Dan it isnt me personally making them, its the place i work thats doing all the hard work. They have a big walk in oven if thats any use to you in regards to how they are finished.

Tom - Yer i love your bonnet too. And NO to the rear quarters you awkward person you :P

just to clarify..
    the first pictures above are part carbon and part fibre which go on sale for £250 +delivery

The second option is fully carbon which I am assuming is completely carbon on the outside (and the internals are glass) and goes for £450 + delivery

Not sure which I like the best..hhmm

No,the above one is £395

The example in the pics is £395? Looks really nice.

There is no built in bonnet support lever for these is there? I've seen others use a safety wire tied to the bonnet catch.

Could you supply and possibly fit these as well?

hmm,not too sure if theres no bonnet support as not convinced the small wire strap is enough tbh

I wouldn't want to prop any of these lightweight bonnets open for long - you'd be surprised how strong a gust of wind is against such a large surface area and I would think it could quite easily tear the mounting off or break the bonnet in half! Once mine was on the car in the garage but without the pins in and still the wind got to it, underneath it, and blew it clean off the car!