Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrevs
    Looking good!
    Thanks

(Not recieved bolts yet)

Evogone, we dont have a mould yet for any other panels, but im on the case to persuade the boss its in hes intrests to do so. And luckily i have 2 clio's to make the moulds from so wont be an issue if he agrees

The only one we have is that split half carbon, and half glass one. So i cannot give exact weights as yet of what they both will weigh.

Postage is done by volume and not weight so there arent weights anywhere that i could compare to. Ill get the weight of the one above. The carbon fibre one will be lighter and the fibreglass one will be ever so slightly heavier. There really is not a lot of difference in weights between the 2 anycase.

I was thinking in terms of how much lighter are these to a standard bonnet. If you said to me the difference is 20kg or so I'd snap at one.They look awesome anyhow but you will have an edge if you get those weight specs.

Quote Originally Posted by fab
    ^
    and leigh-anne can you give us some idea of the weight saving the fibre glass bonnet can give? Might help steer some of us over to the dark side
    Is the mounting exactly the same as the standard bonnet? Any pics of the internals?cheers,
    fab.
    If it helps I have a FG skin bonnet (no internals - pinned) and it weighs about 5kg. The original was 17kg, so a 12kg weight saving. Other than junking the standard seats I think this was about the biggest weight saving on a single item I achieved on my car, so is pretty much a must if you are embarking on a weight saving programme!

Im pretty certain they are about 5kg. But will get the certain weight in a mo once i call them to weigh it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b
    If it helps I have a FG skin bonnet (no internals - pinned) and it weighs about 5kg. The original was 17kg, so a 12kg weight saving. Other than junking the standard seats I think this was about the biggest weight saving on a single item I achieved on my car, so is pretty much a must if you are embarking on a weight saving programme!
    Thats an impressive enough weight saving for me. Means I can eat the odd big-mac and not have to worry about bogging the car down with my lard ass
    Seriously though, ive been wanting one of these for a long time. Hope I can get the monies together for you leigh-anne.

A bit more info for you guys.

We use 200g weight of carbon fibre which then gets covered with 1 layer of gel coat which has a special uv protection aswell.

Ill be getting pics of the internals later too.

Prices for the bonnets without internals will be £100 cheaper.

Whos up for a tailgate?

Forum User
    That looks great LA have to save some cash for the carbon one.Very tempting Evogone very tempting indeed wonder how much they would be?

As im looking to undercut everyone else, cos i can They would be in the region of about £200

Very nice LA.

Tempted.

Let's face it though lads...it's not just about the weight is it? Bling factor comes into play with this kinda stuff too eh

I may be asking a daft question here, but I guess without internals you need bonnet pins, or can you still have the OE mounting bolts?

nah the weight saving comes second in priority, construction and bling factor are first for me also..but knowing the weight saving should help the sales!