Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A&P
    ...easy to fit and set up yourself...
    Well I wouldn't be so sure on easy setting them. Robi1000 has them on his AX Sport. He had(still has) two sets of bike carbs(R6 and older CBR) and non of them are perfectly set. He knows a lot about this and has put much work into this but they are still not working and giving what they should(except of noise ). I don't know how some people just fit them, drill main jets a little and they're running just fine. :(

@wardY: My advice is to go for ITB's. They really cost more than carbs, but they are superior to them. Fuel consumption and performance wise they are better. You can use bike throttle bodies and save some money.
    You can only lower the cost much by doing things yourself, but you need a lot of knowledge for that...

Forum User
    As I have already said itbs are better just advising the guy on the question he asked, and bike carbs are easy to set up please believe me I am not making it up. I knew I was asking for trouble responding to this one :( .

As I have already said itbs are better just advising the guy on the question he asked, and bike carbs are easy to set up please believe me I am not making it up. I knew I was asking for trouble responding to this one :( .
    I belive you. I just wanna say that in some cases it may not be so easy as some people say. I mean it's not 100% that it will work right away. No offense, mate.

Forum User
    Non taken bud. Think we are all passionate petrol heads at the end of the day.And I do see your point. :D

Think we are all passionate petrol heads at the end of the day.
    That's for sure! :D

Forum User

twin weber carbs

Hiya lads, I'll get a chance to ring up Prima Racing tomorrow and get the exact details of what and how they go about fitting and parts used with the twin carbs. I'll let you all know what they say tomorrow. I would much rather have the throttle bodies for better performance but not got the £3000 ish price for them.

It looks likely that I'll have them fitted at Prima sometime in the next two weeks so I'll keep you posted and let you know about the performance side of things. Thanks lads

Forum User

Re: twin weber carbs

Quote Originally Posted by wardY
    Thanks for the advice lads.

I do recall Prima racing saying that the kit is bike carb's .
    Prima Racing source there bike carb kit's from Bogg Brothers.You buy the same substandard kit from Bogg Brothers for < £500.Be warned!

Wouldn't trust prima as far as i could throw them tbh :P
    They are about 10 mins from my house and every time i have been down to enquire about anything they have never been intrested enough to talk.
    Ignore you when you there in person wanting to spend money...
    So if anything goes wrong i can see them being no different.

Forum User
    Ignore you when you there in person wanting to spend money...
    So if anything goes wrong i can see them being no different.
    Allan, to be honest it depends who is there and quite honestly the engine/gearbox work is offloaded to sub~contract.I am not 100% but I think Tony Hart (owner) has sold the business,so not sure who is running it ~~ I aint been to the Shop/workshop for ages.
    Neil who built ALL the engines for Prima ,now works for himself at his home ~~~He does all my engines etc and I have never had any problems in 20 years of dealing with them (him) Rod

well i know i trust rod so guess its probably just been the people who i got rather then the business as a whole