Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marks Brake Kit

Rally Design have gone to the Midilite as its a radial mount caliper and easier to design brake kits around. Wont give any real performance advantage over the forged Dynalite caliper.

The downside to the Midilite, is that pads are more expensive and the calipers themselves are more expensive and its not as good a caliper for track use as the Dynalite.

Forum User
    Think it may suit me better for better road use though as not gone near a track, may do one day but would rather gear towards better everyday braking.

Pads look about £5 dearer and without knowing which model of Dynalite is used, calipers look £5-15 more.

Is this correct Mark? Could you quote us for a Midilite set up?

Forum User
    On further investigation, midilite seems designed for a 21.1mm disk diameter where as a dynalite is 20.6. That kind of difference wouldn't cause it to not fit would it?

Without knowing master cylinder bore size don't know what caliper is needed. Then just need pads, bracket for fixing and hoses.

As gonna be using with my Tarox G88 disks whcih would be better for everyday road use, midilite or dynalite?

this might sound really daft mate, but could you not do a cheaper wilwood kit, do they not have a different caliper that might suit a road only application, i really wont be going on the track so the 4 pots i feel are overkill for me and too expensive to justify what they will be used for, though ive no doubt at all its a good kit at a great price

Forum User
    gsf £40 per caliper

thats what im probably gonna do to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by BRUN
    this might sound really daft mate, but could you not do a cheaper wilwood kit, do they not have a different caliper that might suit a road only application, i really wont be going on the track so the 4 pots i feel are overkill for me and too expensive to justify what they will be used for, though ive no doubt at all its a good kit at a great price
    Impossible for us to do. We bulk buy the calipers/pads and hoses in the first place to get them cheaper and then the actual pair of brackets also take between 4-5 hours in total when machining from billet aluminium bar. It simply wouldnt be worth the effort on our behalf for what is already a very slender profit margin.

Quote Originally Posted by matty
    Think it may suit me better for better road use though as not gone near a track, may do one day but would rather gear towards better everyday braking.

Pads look about £5 dearer and without knowing which model of Dynalite is used, calipers look £5-15 more.

Is this correct Mark? Could you quote us for a Midilite set up?
    The total extra cost of the Midilite calipers when compared to the Dynalites is nearly £50 a pair. The pads themselves are only around £8 more expensive per set. On top of this, they also take smaller pads, so your paying more for an inferior braking set-up.

This is why we dont use the Midilites.

Forum User
    OK, will go with dynalites I think. The features of teh midilites like quick pad fitting (although hope not to change pads often) seals and anti squeal seem appealing but if its gonna be another 50 quid then will not bother.

How much including fitting?

Forum User
    any pics of the calipers mate? they got willwood in white on em or black?