Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanoo_
    Quote Originally Posted by cliokongen
    Looks great - similar to the Renault Sport uprated items.

How much for the "metal bush (replaces the rubber spacer and the OEM metal bush at the clevis bar)" ?

Michael
    Do you have any info about the Renault Sport uprated items? I don't know that. I saw a similar item on a German site (Reichhard Motorsport). Is this that?

Metal bush is £2 (+ £4 postage, shame but the Hungarian Post is very expensive) for WilliamsClio members. This bush is made for genuine small link bar (Quickshift uses a bit different one). It could stop the play in the gear linkage when I was using this in my Williams together with the genuine small link bar (this was the first modification what I made for my Willy). Check this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzBHw...layer_embedded

Exactly - The Reichard Motorsport one is from Renault Sport.
    It consists of the to halfs and a hard nylon/pom ball with aluminium inserts. It is a great bit of kit.

I'll have a set of the metal bush kit please...

pm'd

BUMP!

One Quickshift 10% kit and 2 base conversion kits are still for sale.

Quality items these....
    Definately worth the price! :D

Quality items these....
    Thank you!

Quality items these....
    On your recommendation I'll take one then Are you running the 10% or 15% shorter throw one?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b
    Quality items these....
    On your recommendation I'll take one then Are you running the 10% or 15% shorter throw one?
    The 10% one...
    Have previously used the Sadev item wich is approximately 15%.
    I found this to cause a few issues with adjusting the linjage.
    (I'm sure it would work perfectly with a bit of persistance in the adjustment department though!)

Change all gear link bushes at the same time - the difference is instant!

Michael

Thanks Michael.

Yanoo_, I'll take a 10% one then please. If you PM me the payment details I'll get the money over to you ASAP.

Michael is using a Quickshift 10% and brass gear stick lower bushes. These bushes are prototypes (being tested by Michael and me), replace the flexible red nylon bushes. To tell the truth I cannot feel any difference between the brass and red brushes but Michael said he could.

A Hungarian guy who is using the Quickshift 15% kit in his turbo'd Hybrid won the Hungarian National Drag Championship 2010, S3 category (street cars under 3800 ccm).

Quote Originally Posted by Yanoo_
    Michael is using a Quickshift 10% and brass gear stick lower bushes. These bushes are prototypes (being tested by Michael and me), replace the flexible red nylon bushes. To tell the truth I cannot feel any difference between the brass and red brushes but Michael said he could.

A Hungarian guy who is using the Quickshift 15% kit in his turbo'd Hybrid won the Hungarian National Drag Championship 2010, S3 category (street cars under 3800 ccm).
    I can feel/see the difference on the gear lever.
    I am using stiffer engine mounts (left and right), a 4th mount and Coops solid dog bone mount - no engine movement at all....
    Before the gear lever used to wobble a little under power and braking.
    Now there is hardly any movement at all meaning the new bushes etc. must have done something.
    Furthermore the shifting is very precise and definately shorter in the throw. You might need to adjust the linkage just a little bit to make all of the gears work perfectly. As the shift gets shorter the need for precise and correct adjustment of the linkage increases. A little imperfection in the adjustment og the linkage with the std. shift is sudde´nly more evident with the quickshift (my own experience - had to do a very minor adjustment)

If you decide to get the quickshift - change all the bushes as well....
    Std. bushes from Renault are very cheap and worth doing!