Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Gear lever conversion kit

Updated version of the gear lever conversion kit is available. This kit consists of more parts:
    • fixed ball joint housing (plastic or alloy)
      stiffer ball insert (made of hard silicone rubber)
      metal bush (replaces the rubber spacer and the OEM metal bush at the clevis bar)
      OR
      small link bar with metal bush (can short the shift throw by 10% or 15% - depends on the bar length).

The base conversion kit: fixed ball joint housing (plastic version), stiffer ball insert and metal bush. Gives more precise shift throw. £30 + postage (£7) for Williamsclio.co.uk members only (£35.50 on ebay)

Quickshift 10% kit: fixed ball joint housing (polished alloy), stiffer ball insert and Quickshift (10% version). £54 + postage (£7) for Williamsclio.co.uk members only (£59.50 on ebay).

Quickshift 15% kit: fixed ball joint housing (polished alloy), stiffer ball insert and Quickshift (15% version), adaptor. £57 + postage (£7) for Williamsclio.co.uk members only.

Feel free to ask, if you have any question!

Can you get the part that attaches to the ball on the quick shift linkage at the gearbox, thats where all the play seems to come from.

Quote Originally Posted by MattL
    pm'd
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Evogone
    Can you get the part that attaches to the ball on the quick shift linkage at the gearbox, thats where all the play seems to come from.
    Do you mean the ball shell in the gearbox (white plastic)? I don't have that but you can order it from Renault (77 00 872 205).

Any more interest?

Forum User
    I would be interested in one of these kits. Which one would you recommend for me to use as it's a daily driver and want it to remain user friendly ?

Also I'm confused as to which parts the kit actually replaces. Is it just the linkage under the car that's different ?

Ta

Looks great - similar to the Renault Sport uprated items.

How much for the "metal bush (replaces the rubber spacer and the OEM metal bush at the clevis bar)" ?

Michael

I'd recommend you the Quickshift 10% kit. This kit gives better and shorter shift but doesn't injure the synchro rings in the gearbox. Ideal for road use.

The fixed ball joint housing replaces the genuine rubber housing:

Check this vid (the plastic version is shown in this vid): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zba7yTHxew

The ball insert replaces the OEM insert. It's made of hard silicone rubber and can stop the free play (caused by the old OEM rubber insert) between the gear stick and ball shell.

The Quickshift replaces the small link bar at the gearbox side. It's shorter than the genuine one and can decrease the shift throw by 10% (or 15%):

Quote Originally Posted by cliokongen
    Looks great - similar to the Renault Sport uprated items.

How much for the "metal bush (replaces the rubber spacer and the OEM metal bush at the clevis bar)" ?

Michael
    Do you have any info about the Renault Sport uprated items? I don't know that. I saw a similar item on a German site (Reichhard Motorsport). Is this that?

Metal bush is £2 (+ £4 postage, shame but the Hungarian Post is very expensive) for WilliamsClio members. This bush is made for genuine small link bar (Quickshift uses a bit different one). It could stop the play in the gear linkage when I was using this in my Williams together with the genuine small link bar (this was the first modification what I made for my Willy). Check this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzBHw...layer_embedded