Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I being unreasonable?

Im I being unreasonable to expect my williams fixed by now!

Iv owner my Willams 2 for 7 and half weeks for for 6 of those its been in a garage getting fixed as it stopped runng, Im getting pissed off im paying for car insurance and the loan for the car but the dude that has the car keeps saying he has no idea what the problem is and its costing me in parts lots of them £££££££ and time.

Any advice what should I do, tell him I want to take it to someone else and have to pay him a future?

Andrew

Suprised you've left it there that long. They can't sort it out, you go get it. That usually takes a couple of days.

We have an excellent technical section and some great members who would surely help you out. What problems are you finding.

whats it gone in for ?

It had an electrical problem and ECU issues which was fixed and they thought it would just go but it run lumpy .

Then just as before would not start....... so they thought it was the distributor as they checked everything else and it had to be that so i bought a new one and it still is not working.

To date three different mechanics have looks at it with no joy.

Any ideas?

Forum User
    Then just as before would not start....... so they thought it was the distributor as they checked everything else and it had to be that so i bought a new one and it still is not working.
    Sounds a bit like my wifes Valver poblems of a few weeks ago.The ecu had blown f**ked a processor and other bits in there,caused in part,by faulty earths,the main culprit being the one out of the loom onto the gearbox,my mate cleaned everything up ,put a used (but good)ECU in it ~~ car now back as a good un~~~ £140 labour and thecost of the ECU,bloke had the car for a week ~~ but had it fixed within 2 days ~~ I just could not get down the Midlands to pick it up!!!!

I have said to the guy which is a automotive electrician does it need a new ECU and he said no but i may need to get it checked out again.

his bill is around £600-£700 so far and no working car so im not impressed £140 sounds much better.

Cheers Cliorod I will pass it by him.

Forum User
    There are folks on here ...and others that aren't....that know these cars like the back of their hand. Where are you based??

Im over in Northern Ireland about 20 minuets drive from Belfast in a place called Killinchy.

seriously for £700 i would of expected the car to run 25% faster!

let alone..just run!

No, you're not being unreasonable. Get the car out of there, get some basic tools and I bet you can solve it faster and cheaper than those cowboys.