Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

rear arch repair

is it possible to use a ordinary clio rear arch to fix a williams rear arch ? i know there differant but due to not being able to get a williams arch i was gona get a ordinary one.has anyone done it before?

it's pretty much how everyone's rear arches have been repaired, it just needs to be shaped right to the bit that's been chopped away

most places will just make it from sheet metal tbh as the 1.2 arch is nowhere near the correct shape, so its easier from scratch, or so i've heard

truth to both of these statements

the work involved in modifiying it correctly your better to make another fresh one.

You can tell now a days which clios have 1.2 arches as they are the wrong shape just before the rear bumper

that would also depend on which part has been repaired......i used one on 0051, but it only needed about 3 inch either side of the bump strip repairing.......its all good..a quick bodge repair to get it thru mot has lasted about 4 years now with no rust coming back thru....so how some pro places get rust again after 12-18 month is beyond me tbh.

Forum User
    aye if you only need a smaller section of it its fine, if you need the full wing then its not much good without reworking!

my arch has been done before by the previous owner.its gone round his repair and towards the petrol cap hole so im going to have to cut out a fair bit of the arch.is there anywhere that does a arch repair panel for a williams.

Forum User
    i cut the rust away and used expantion foam on my mates williams 3 once its set i trimmed it away and filled it looks ace and you carnt tell bin 3 years now and the rust hasent come back through was only ment to be a temp fix aswel :D

Quote Originally Posted by 5_turbo
    i cut the rust away and used expantion foam on my mates williams 3 once its set i trimmed it away and filled it looks ace and you carnt tell bin 3 years now and the rust hasent come back through was only ment to be a temp fix aswel :D
    cool,unfortunatley im a sort of fussy git and i like to do thing sort of right.not that there is anything wrong with a temp job.