Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

0184 back on the road...

After being off the road for a few months, got my car back from the garage today, felt good to be driving it again. Full service, MOT, tax, new lowering springs (failed MOT due to a snapped spring). I forgot how much fun it is to drive, drove around for hours lol. Ended up driving to Tweeks to get some Toyo R1R's fitted and enquire about the 4 wheel laser alignment. Some nice roads around there, loving the new tyres, the grip is amazing!

They did pick up a couple of faults on the service, one is the manifold blowing like mad at the flange, I have read this can be welded? Can anyone recommend a decent welder in the N/W to do this? Need to try and get this sorted before Anglesey...

are you wanting a quick shifter mate for the motor - there is a group buy going on and a great way to tighten the feel of the shifter

Gonna stick with the original gear shifter for now cheers

You know anyone who can weld my manifold mate?

It's going down to NW Performance on Saturday to get the manifold looked at, is this a manifold off job or can it be welded insitu?

Hope they can sort it, new ones are mega £'s, don't fancy an after market one either as people always seem to have problems with them...

I'm going to NW Performance on Sat too. Having some new engine mounts doing. We can go for a drive on the way home or grab some pics.

Sounds good mate, you can come to ours on the way back if you want, grab a brew and get some pics.

What time you booked in? Mines in at 10am

manifold off mate to do it right....only takes 10 mins to get it off tho....maybe worthwhile gettin a fire ring for it too..

I'm booked in for 11. It'll take about an hour or two too, so I may come after you as you could be waiting a while. I'll give you a bell on Friday.

Re: 0184 back on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    After being off the road for a few months, got my car back from the garage today, felt good to be driving it again. Full service, MOT, tax, new lowering springs (failed MOT due to a snapped spring). I forgot how much fun it is to drive, drove around for hours lol. Ended up driving to Tweeks to get some Toyo R1R's fitted and enquire about the 4 wheel laser alignment. Some nice roads around there, loving the new tyres, the grip is amazing!

They did pick up a couple of faults on the service, one is the manifold blowing like mad at the flange, I have read this can be welded? Can anyone recommend a decent welder in the N/W to do this? Need to try and get this sorted before Anglesey...
    Yey!!! Some R1R's eh? Hahaha I told you mate, they are shit hot Id say almost too much grip in the dry with diff unless you are about 8/10th's or more.

2live - Thanks for the advice mate, I'll mention it to the guy at NWP.

Jamie - Cool give us a bell Friday, I don't mind waiting for you though.

Wobba - Yes the grip from the R1R's is phenomenal, even in the wet which is surprising. Can't wait to get it on track