View Poll Results: When shall we have the meet?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday 14th

0 0%
  • Sunday 15th

2 40.00%
  • Saturday 21st

3 60.00%
  • Sunday 22nd

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cat & Fiddle Run

After visiting this awesome place this week - albeit as a passenger due to renault's incompetence - I'm itching to go back & thought it would be a nice idea to organise a meet there.

For those of you who don't know, it's an awesome stretch of road between Buxton & Macclesfield, with stunning scenery and plenty more epic roads around it

At the middle point of the road is The Cat & Fiddle Inn, a nice pub with a car park where we can sit & have a chin wag in between having a blast on the legendary stretch of road or 1 of the others nearby

I'm thinking a weekend would be best and 1 that doesn't clash with Anglesey so I'm saying 1 day of the weekends 14th-15th or 21st-22nd August.

So who fancies it?

Forum User
    i might be able to make it, really depends how work lands with my rota etc

total waste of time since they added the average speed traps. i mean its still a giggle but its ruined one of the best roads in the country thanks to the idiot 2 wheel brigade killing themselves left right and centre on it over the years :(

Loads and loads of great roads here in North wales, I agree the Cat and Fiddle has been ruined by the speed traps.

although still up for it as a meet, not had any this year from the WC crew apart from FCS, which doesnt count!

sundays best for me, either of them :D

1. Coops

Me & my mate have discovered a way to avoid the speed traps on what I reckon is the best & most fun part of the road

well you can run the best bit, which is the cat and fiddle pub back down to macclesfield and just stop before the camera, looping back through the shortcuts to the pub, as that sides only covered my two camera, start and end so its not too bad and only miss out last few corners to the bottom that way

but its still shite they speed trapped it

Yeah deffo ruined it with the yellow cash machines done it in my mates V6 with the speed limiter set to 55mph & it was depressing how crap it was, always right at the point where you can start to open the taps a bit
    On the 3rd run at it, we done it from the macclesfield end, went down that little side road & found somewhere to turn around then gave it some hammer back towards the pub, that was also the 3rd time he cooked the brakes

I'm not 100% sure but I reckon you can give it some hammer all the way from macclesfield as long as you pull into the car park at the pub, depending where the scamera near the pub picks you up from

Im keen. Dont mind what day either.

Quote Originally Posted by vkosho
    Im keen. Dont mind what day either.
    Well do me a favour & vote for the later date :P