Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Just got in from a very quiet Santa Pod

went down for the saturday night special today to basically play with the new wideband and sink a few runs up the strip. its VW action tomorrow so strip was on RWYB for all today, but it was absolutely deserted, to the point i got more runs in between half 2 and 9pm than i did at the RTOC all day event few months back!!!!

anyway to cut a long one short, despite the soaring temps and headwind i managed to best my time again! :D

pulled a 12.47@114mph out the bag with a respectable 60ft of 2.07 seconds which is a massive improvement

i stayed in the mid to high 12's rest of the afternoon until all of a sudden i couldnt get traction and that was it, nothing close.

so i spent a few hours 'borrowing' cars. i took harvys white hybrid up several times, managed a 15.1 best (bettering all his times ) and kirsty very kindly let me spank her......................172 as well, managed a 15.7 best in that, but it was full of handbags,gladrags, and 'choons' as well :P

towards last run of the day they shut the track due to someone dropping coolant all over......................i was back in the que quietly sitting as my car dropped the rest of the coolant all over the paddock nice bloke in a nissan pointed out it was me 'wot dunnit' :D

found i'd split the hose from the aux water pump, it was resting on the clutch arm and had worn through! FAIL. so chopped it down, undid water pump to get some slack and popped it back on to limp home

just got in! had a top day and cheers to everyone who did show, good to see some familiar faces, Steph, Gav, Dan, legends as ever!

Ben

Forum User
    thats one rapid clio you got there, must be good fun that thing

How many runs did you have coops? Gotta love a quiet santa pod it is a rarity lol great times, slicks could get you in the 11s?

loads mate, i got 18 in in the turbo before the coolant leak, and that was with massive gaps of watching etc and also ran about another 12 between other cars, so 30 odd runs all together but shit you not could easily of doubled or even tripled that

slicks would see 11's i think but i just dont want to risk the box, i have to drive the car home!!!! lol!!

ai tis nippy bill fella

Forum User
    yeah slicks are risky lol

but excellent times mate..

suppose if it was drag only you could tweek it for launches but as its a road car that's fantastic times.

You can run mine up the strip one day as well mate, I am sure my take-off skills leave a lot to be desired!

i'd be more than up for that mr wobbanory! any news on whats happening with yours mate btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    i'd be more than up for that mr wobbanory! any news on whats happening with yours mate btw?
    Yes...there is news

All will be revealed I dont wanna keep banging on about it, boring everyone to death, so I've stayed quiet recently...

a quiet santapod is dangerous, im glad the naples stayed at home safely tucked up with her pajamas on, i would of guaranted another box failure

you'd of loved it ronee, shame you kids missed it, poor turnout for a mid summer, beautiful weathered, day out at the pod!

i have no 3rd gear left really, new box before mallory me thinks but its stood up to a lot of abuse this one :D

mr wobb, we all yearn to know the score, i want to know whats the crack with the fire breather