Thread: induction kit

induction kit

Thinking of getting this or similar and running the cold air feed into the scuttle by cutting a hole in and feeding the pipe through and securing.

I have a washer bag kit and happy to move the fuse box down out the way so i have plenty of room but would it work?

Am i better getting piping and putting a filter directly in the scuttle or would my idea achive the same?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-C...ht_8898wt_1137

Im not spending 200 quid on a funnel from the south of france carbon fibre or not

By work i mean would i get nice cold dense air? and make the engine breath better ?

i have some silicon hose i would use for the pipe from the scuttle to the filter.
    And some reflective insulation tape to keep the pipe cool under the bonnet.

Hi, I'm glad to see you're not prepared to spend silly money on some silicon and shiny carbon. As induction kits go that one shown in your link looks decent; sealed air box, proper filter - not that metal gauze tea-strainer rubbish, and most of all a realistic price!

Either method you mentioned would work. Although if you have it with the induction hose routed through the scuttle I would fit a trumpet or scoop of some sort to the end of it in order to draw in more air.

Bare in mind though; there is much more to making power than getting a bit more cold air into your engine.
    Neither induction method will get you much in the way of gains (if any at all). Not without a decent live remap cutsomised to your particular mods. Which I can do for you

I have now looked into this but anybody know what size hose i would need to connect it up. 70mm?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1056wt_1282

what diameter are those blue adapter plates and where do i get one from?

im a little worried about water getting into the filter specially after todays downpours?