Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Custom remapping service for Clio 16V and Williams

Announcing my new custom 'live' remapping service for all Clio 16V’s and Williams running the factory ecu.
    Available for:
    Naturally Aspirated Clio’s running any state of tune; from cams and exhaust systems, right down to completely stock. Already chipped? I can do better!

Turbocharged Clio’s. Whether already running Turbo chips or still on the stock ecu.

All ECUs are live mapped to suit each individual engine

N/A engines:
    As you may know I have been offering a fitting service for off-the-shelf performance chips for a couple of years now. I’ve come to the conclusion that, while most of these chips do give some improvement over the stock map, there just aren’t any major gains to be had from off-the-shelf chip tuning alone.
    This is why I now offer my unique throttle-body mod and custom remap for naturally aspirated Clio’s.
    My TB mod, alongside remapping, will give real on-the-road gains in torque and acceleration – not just a few extra peak bhp and no measurable performance gain. Just real performance!
    For example, on an otherwise stock Clio 16V expect to lower 0-60 times by 0.2-0.3 secs.

Whether or not your Clio is chipped already, try me. I will make you car go faster!

Turbo conversions:
    Most turbocharged Clio’s run a BBTuning based conversion and chip based on Fastchip’s Rtuner map. Whilst these chips do work, I know from my own personal experience that these cannot be thought of as anything more than a decent base map to get the car running. All turbo conversions MUST be custom remapped to ensure maximum power and safety - especially if your turbo conversion is at all modified from BBTuning’s original spec. If you are running, for example, more boost or higher compression ratio it is very likely that the engine will be suffering at least some detonation – a great way of killing a turbocharged engine!

Price: £175 for all remaps.

Exclusive to all subscribed Williamsclio members:
    £20 off. So full custom remaps for as little as £150!

Dyno-run and printout £60

Cams timed-in on the dyno for maximum performance from £70

*ECU chipping service for off-the-shelf chips still available!*

FAQ

What experience do you have of tuning?
    I have been building and tuning my own engines for over 7 years. From modern EFI turbo engines, right through to carb-fed 8-valves. Including the UK’s only totally home-built Clio 16V Turbo (featured in Performance French Cars!). I eat sleep and breath cars! I’ve spent countless hours reading, testing, tuning, and yes even making the occasional (expensive) mistake. While there are more experienced tuners than me out there, there are many more inexperienced tuners, including certain people selling various chips and products with no experience whatsoever. I can assure you everything I offer has been tried and tested on my own cars first.

What can you offer over other tuners?
    Through years of Clio tuning experience, I use my own unique tuning methods to get the best performance out of all engines. So if you own a 16V or Williams you know who can get the best from your engine! wink

How do you do the mapping, do you use a rolling road?
    I do predominantly “road-mapping” using the same data-logging software and sensors that would be used on a rolling road – minus the rolling road of course! Parameters monitored are: rpm, load air-fuel ratio (AFR) and engine knock (detonation). Exhaust gas temperature (as long as an EGT sensor has been fitted) and inlet air temperature can also be monitored if required.

Is road-mapping safe?
    I never do any mapping on highways or “around town”. It is indeed unsafe to attempt this. I’m in the lucky situation of having use of a straight access road, which remains all but abandoned on evenings and weekend.
    I use data logging software to record all parameters while driving, so I can put 100% attention on driving.
    There is no need to do “traffic light grand-prix” starts or reach silly speeds when tuning. Basically I won’t rag your car!
    For maximum piece of mind I have full Motor Trade insurance with indemnity cover up to £5000 – more than enough for most Clios!

Any more questions? Please feel free to contact me

Do you still offer your chipping service?
    Yes!

Any more questions? Please feel free to contact me

Results and testimonials: Watch this space for more in the future!

Thraxair - Williams, full Supersprint exhaust system
    Thanks for allowing me to use this quote :

“Had a custom remap on my Williams2 last week and cant speak highly enough of Kj's work or his professionalism. he obviously has a passion for it and is trouble free to work with. i was running a gunnerchip but the recent addition of a supersprint had thrown the top end of the rev range out a bit (in my novice opinion) this is now sorted and the car is running beautifully!! i have no idea what else he did but the car must of liked it theres subtle gains to be had in each gear change and its made it an extra hoot to drive! so in summary i would happily recommend KJ to anyone after a remap to there car!”

My Clio 16V Turbo - totally homebuilt turbo conversion (even the exhaust manifold), T28 turbo @ 8 psi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nDilIm1Zco

MattL - Williams engine, Piper 270 cams, vernier pulleys, cams timed in on the dyno

-Update-

People have contacted me asking if it would possible to get rolling printouts after remapping.

I can now offer Rolling Road printouts courtesy of Btec Racing

http://www.btecracing.co.uk

+£55

Forum User
    Would you be interested in doing a deal on the price for a group buy? Obviously numbers dependant.

Patrick

Hi, I'm not sure a group buy would work for tuning. Cars can only be done one at a time of course, so the people at the bottom of the list would have paid but might end off having to wait weeks.

So how about an offer of 25% off for the first three people? So just £150 for a custom remap.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_g46
    Would you be interested in doing a deal on the price for a group buy? Obviously numbers dependant.

Patrick
    Well Patrick, I contacted you to work out a deal and you didn't even bother replying.

No offence but if you're not serious please don't waste time.

New discount for subscribed Williamsclio members:

See top of page for details

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kj16v
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_g46

Patrick
    Well Patrick, I contacted you to work out a deal and you didn't even bother replying.

No offence but if you're not serious please don't waste time.
    I have been very busy recently and did not receive you message/did not get time to reply to you until now. I appreciate you getting back to me on it and I will consider your offer and get back to you some point in the next week via PM.

Patrick

Summer offer!

See top for details.