Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gauging interest - unfinished Williams 2 Turbo project

Hi guys,

Just putting this up to see what sort of interest it gauges.. to be honest I'm expecting not a lot looking at other posts from the past :( Really want to avoid breaking it because I just don't have the space and it would break my heart! :( But if its worth jack then I'll have to reassess the situation

Reason for giving up the project? Not enough free time and other things need spending out on aside a second car. I wasn't even going to bother MOT'ing it but thought I'd better do something otherwise it will sit there rotting away.

Please PM me with any serious offers.

The first load of photos at the bottom are showing the problems rather than the good stuff, can tell I'm not a salesman lol - too bloody honest. I've included a few others in a car park but probably not the best place for photos.

Cheers,

Paul.

--

Heres what you get for your money..

Original engine fully rebuilt to low compression for turbo conversion
    Owned since 2003, was off the road from late 2004 until mid 2008 for rebuild
    Covered under 2,000 miles since rebuild
    Apollo CAT2 immobiliser
    Clifford Concept 500
    Audioscape door speaker builds (no head unit or speakers though)
    All suspension parts including bushes but excluding torsion bars replaced with genuine new Renault parts in 2004, so approx only 4000 miles ago
    Recent new Toyo Proxes T1-S tyre (May 2011) - other 3 are Proxes T1-R
    Binder full of parts receipts
    Recent MOT (May 2011)
    Taxed until end May 2010

PROBLEMS:

Two scabs of surface rust on tailgate, near Renault and Clio badges
    No rust on bonnet, small dent on corner near headlight that has removed the paint
    Doors have some rust underneath (not on outside)
    Both arches have rust on face and lip
    Boot floor ok, floorpan looked fine from under the car on the recent MOT
    Wheels slightly corroded in places, flaking near polished lip
    Seats absolutely mint
    Boot carpet has a hole cut out for CD changer
    Crank real oil seal leaking
    Power steering pump noisy needs replacing
    Turbo conversion not completed

NEW PARTS:

Modified Wossner low compression pistons
    Steel H-section rods
    Genuine Renault oil pump
    Genuine Renault cam belt, idler and tensioner
    Strengthened head gasket
    New valve stem seals and lifters
    Helix 4 paddle clutch plate
    Group N R5 GTT clutch cover
    Soft clutch pedal conversion using Renault parts
    Genuine Renault steering column
    Genuine Renault driveshafts
    Recon JC5 gearbox from Renault (used only after rebuild)
    Genuine Renault 19 4th engine mount
    Genuine Renault power steering tensioner
    Mocal oil cooler
    Full Samco yellow hose set
    Genuine Renault radiator
    Ramair panel filter
    Mongoose exhaust
    Fastchip low boost high compression chip (0.65 bar, 9.5:1 CR)
    Genuine R21 Turbo injectors
    Genuine R21 Turbo map sensor
    Genuine Renault Clio Williams gearknob
    Pipercross Viper air filter (for turbo conversion)
    Exide battery

PARTS NOT FITTED BUT INCLUDED:

Plastic battery box
    T25/T28 exhaust manifold
    T25/T28 exhaust downpipe
    One way valves for brake servo and breather
    Throttle body to hose adaptor plate
    Two rear crank oil seals (one Renault, one aftermarket)
    3 litres of Renault gearbox oil (ready for gearbox out job when changing crank rear oil seal)

MISSING PARTS FOR TURBO CONVERSION:

Turbo
    Intercooler/chargecooler
    Fastchip high boost low compression chip or aftermarket ECU
    Turbo boost/oil/water pipework

I very much doubt this will push any potential interest over the line lol but I forgot to mention..

Both main engine mounts are brand new Renault items.. yes I must of been mad to go buy all of this genuine stuff, when its been over so long you don't realise how much cash you've chucked in!!

And the dogbone mount has polyurethane bushes

Arrrgh no edit button..

Also, PTFE gaskets on the throttle body and inlet manifold

Can you please summarise what needs doing to finish the turbo conversion in a simple and clear format, and put a benchmark ££ as well please mate.

Forget the rust. Just a list of mechanicals that need doing/buying.

Am I right in thinking you're driving about with a low comp bottom end at the moment?

Sure.. to be honest, I can't commit to a price for the rest of the work because a lot of it depends on what route you take and/or is assembled from many different parts (like the boost hoses).

Well before I get to the turbo conversion, the power steering pump is shot. I did buy all of brackets to do the manual steering conversion, but decided against it plus I'd not long bought a brand new steering column (for power steering) and tensioner pulley from Renault.

Well the Fastchip it's running is the high compression, low boost map. I bought this before I decided on low compression.

Original plan was to buy one of Henk's remappable chips with the software, but after I read he'd given up on Mk1 Clio's I budgeted for going to Emerald management instead.

So you'll need to get hold of a Fastchip low compression, mid/high boost map at the very least, but ultimately you'd go aftermarket to get the best results. Cost there? Well hopefully one of the guys on here can sort out a copy of the map for option 1, otherwise budget around £750-£1000 for aftermarket plus mapping charges.

Then you need the turbo of course. I'm reluctant to get rid of mine (GT2860RS) because it's still boxed and wrapped and cost £800 new from Owen Developments. I'm keeping that for future use Can't be specific on cost here because its off the shelf stuff, but you need any turbo with a T25/T28 flange, ideally a T28/GT28/GT28R/GT28RS.

Then the intercooler/chargecooler. I planned to use an AVT chargecooler with a decent pump, pre-rad and a larger tank than the silly pisspot you get in the usual kits. I can't be exact on cost here, but you either get hold of the standard chargecooler kit (assuming BB/K-Tec still make them) or you assemble something based on parts from other cars or buy new like I planned above. I met Midge a few weeks ago and he told me he used an RS Turbo setup with his.

Next, you need to get hold of the oil, water and boost hoses for the turbo.

As for fitting supplied bits, you need to fit the one way valves to the the brake servo and breather, the Viper air filter and likely move the battery to the boot. I have got some cable already in the car for the relocation but not sure if its enough, so budget for possibly cable as well as distribution blocks and a fuse/circuit breaker for the battery.

I think thats everything but I'll have a good think and post up again if I forgotten anything!

As for driving it on low compression, yes, we decided to run it in without the turbo first. It is only being pootled about around and treated like a baby lol. It causes no hard ship for the engine except obviously running hotter than usual (still never goes beyond half way) due to the ignition being retarded for the higher compression the chip is meant for, and being down on power, especially after 4k when the boost retard starts to kick in on the ignition.

Rules

Every item must have a price.
    Cars for sale - the price MUST be included in the threads title. If you do not have an exact price – an ‘offers’ should be used. Any adverts not conforming to these guidelines will be removed.

Sorry mate i should know better being a forum admin myself

I did read this last week when i considered putting up an ad but forgot when i posted last night

Could you please add offers to the subject for me please thanking you

Forum User
    £100?

Lol i can't possibly accept such a generous offer like that

To tell the truth, i didn't expect much interest for it.. looks like keeping and finishing might be the only way forward

Forum User
    seriously you NEED a ball park price mate. Lay down a sum