Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The manifold is different but we can already see that is a 16v item.
    The starter motor should be a small bodied item not a fat 16v one.
    By the dipstick tube on the front of the engine there should be an engine ID tag, this should read F7R, but these are also swappable.

Mat.

Can't see a tag by the tube. Have to look tomorrow. There bday got to be something else.

Silver Plaq location to right of dip stick

F7R 700 is williasm engine
    F7R 710/714 is a megane engine
    F7P is 1.8

Ah right thats a big job to see that plaque.. I don't even know how to get to that. I'd have to remove my fan and radiator? Big job for me.

Thanks for the pictures though. Though i could see it just by opening the engine bay.

yes you can see it with the rest in place... i was just giving you an idea of placement

Is says P. Time to call the police i think.

gutting..... feel your pain

Can't believe someone would try to con me like this, if it hadn't been for you guys i'd never know. I wouldn't mind but it cost me about 100 just to collect the car :(

Thanks to everyone for their help. Man, i want a williams just so i can stay with this forum. lol.

Are you SURE it says 'P'? the R looks similar.

The manifold/dp could just be coz they didnt swap the parts, the dipstick COULD be just swapped from previous valver engine, but tbh I dont see why. Surely they would keep the Willy one if they had it.

What paperwork have you got?

Looks like you may have been had though :(

Let Coops take a look.

Depending on your finances, you could just take the engine out, sell it, get a megane or Willy engine in (and ECU) with box and job done.

On the other hand...valver engines are still nippy little buggers and love the revs...£600/700 isn't bad assuming other stuff is good. You can sort the box quite easy. Is that JC3 tag fake I wonder? Seems to have been deliberately made to look apparent to maybe trick buyers into thinking it's an F7R.

Ill have another look 2moro morning but yeh it does appear to be a P, obviously i had a good look. It also looks like the starter motor is pretty big...but i dont know how big that would be and yeh i know 1.8's are nippy, it does have the nice scorpion exhaust etc but it's not what i paid my money for.

I can't swop engine out etc...i'm way more cosmetic based. Like rust and stuff i can deal with but not motors. Bleh, pretty disappointed an have no idea how it will be resolved. Run of bad luck lately.