Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Sounds like a 1.8 to me. Go for a drive and you will tell, the 2.0 pulls constant through the range with lots low down and the 1.8 is shit low down and picks up around 4k

Forum User
    damn thats bad luck mate. theres the possibilty the seller was a retard who didnt know if it was a williams or not, or he could just be a connin prick.

Quote Originally Posted by stelucas
    Can't believe someone would try to con me like this, if it hadn't been for you guys i'd never know. I wouldn't mind but it cost me about 100 just to collect the car :(

Thanks to everyone for their help. Man, i want a williams just so i can stay with this forum. lol.
    There are a lot of sharks out there on ebay, never trust a word anyone says.
    And you don't need a williams to stay here, you are more than welcome with a 16v , and if you get things sorted out with the cops and seller we can help you look for a proper hybrid.

Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam
    damn thats bad luck mate. theres the possibilty the seller was a retard who didnt know if it was a williams or not, or he could just be a connin Prune.
    Conning prune by the looks of the silly putty in the box, bidding up of auctions and not having the engine described.

Mat.

"Hi i said its still regestered as a 1.8 but i no for a fact i has got the 2.0 as it use to be my mates car but i think its just got the 1.8 box! ive now sent log book of so im sorry, and i stated sold as seen its not my fault ive only put wot i got told im no macanic!! sorry again adam"

Unlucky for him I studied law. Sold as seen is in no way legal. I have all his details. Police station tonight.

He suddenly got in touch when i mentioned the police btw. I wouldn't mind if it was a decent 16v but it seems to be a wreck. The only reason i bought the car was the engine, but i'm not an unfair man. I have given him the chance to pay me half my money back and i'll keep the car, otherwise i'm going to the police station later tonight.

I'm embarrassed this happened to me to be honest. I know my way round eBay, and though i'm only 25 i've had 14 cars and thought i could spot a scammer. At least my embarrassment is entertaining for you guys.

All the best.

I also think the title of my post is now rather ironic.

I also think the title of my post is now rather ironic.
    lol

Well it's not entertaining, it's a ****ign shame, so many scum out there. Honour, trust and respect seem not to exist anymore :(

We're not that heartless to be entertained by someones mis-fortune, well maybe sometimes
    We are here to help.

Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by MatBrown
    Can't believe someone would try to con me like this, if it hadn't been for you guys i'd never know. I wouldn't mind but it cost me about 100 just to collect the car :(

Thanks to everyone for their help. Man, i want a williams just so i can stay with this forum. lol.
    There are a lot of sharks out there on ebay, never trust a word anyone says.
    And you don't need a williams to stay here, you are more than welcome with a 16v , and if you get things sorted out with the cops and seller we can help you look for a proper hybrid.

Mat.
    Listen to Mat here, if anyone can help you source a decent one, he can, and he will happily take yours off you as well.