Forum User

Anyone used EBC pads before? Yellow or redstuff

The pads in my tarox 6 pots need changing soon and new ones from tarox are well past the wrong side of 100 quid.

I have found that EBC do some that fit and are currently 50 at camskill for the red stuff and yellow stuff.

Currently the car is used for daily driving, I reckon the low dust red pads will be more suited? I may at some stage brave the odd track day.

Has anyone used these pads, I am confident they should be fit for my purpose.

I've used both in my 4 pots, reds will kill your discs very quick but the yellows are very good

i use red stuff on my hi spec 4 pots, no issues with disc wear but they do take a while to warm up

Forum User
    Think I will give them a try and it is interesting to hear that the reports here seem to differ somewhat from another forum.

This may be due to other reports are from EBC as replacements for OEM calipers?

As/when I go for it will endeavour to update this thread with my personal findings too.

I haven't used EBC pads for a long time (wasn't that impressed initially, but I know they have changed all the compounds since then so will be better now) but can highly recommend the Pagid RS29s, if you are looking for recommendations of good pads from other manufacturers?

On the subject of other manufacturers I'm looking at going with some carbotech pads next

Forum User
    Gone for the yellowstuff so will report back when i get them. I wish I could justify spending more but bearing in mind it is currently my daily driver and I getting on a bit they should be fit for my purpose.

Thanks for your advice so far and feel that as performance pads can be pricey it will hopefully provide a good reference for others.