Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8-10k

i would put it towards buying 0001 if renault ever let me buy it.

Cheap S2 avant and spend the rest on tuning

Buy a cup shell and stick a turbo lump in it :P

If people genuinley had 8-10k they'd do these things?

Yep.

Mat.

Forum User
    Kin RIGHT!

Hmmm. Making my decisions. First off going to get a diesel as a workhorse. Going to get a 306 hdi with the Gti 6 alloys and split leather interior for £1,800 or so as I'm doing a minimum of 35 miles a day plus leisure. That figure I'd imagine to be going up this year to probably 50-60 a day and shit mpg and high running costs aren't for me.

Undecided but the way I think it's going to go is I'm going to sell the Trophy as having it sat on the drive 5 days a week not doing alot & being worth £6.7k ish isn't tickling my fancy. Coupled with £100 each tyres and 33mpg.

Once I've got the diesel I'll sell the Trophy for hopefully the above and take off what I spend on the run around and see what I have to play with. Thinking it will be around £5k mark but after a couple of months savings I may change it about a bit. Not entirley sure what I'll get yet but so long as it's cheapish to buy (not bothered about fuel consumption) and depreciation proof with a plaque and gold wheels I think I'll be ok.

In all seriousness, a Williams 1 is an obvious choice as a 2nd car for my budget. Anyone got suggestions of others - say upto 5k.

What's good about a Williams is for 5k I should have ALOT of change to maybe sort any issues out.