Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who uses there car every day?

Hello everyone,

I have been out of the mk1 Clio scene for some time now and still after all this time, despite my better judgement fancy another Williams, my old car in fact.

I have the chance to buy it back and its something of a minter if i do say so myself, immaculate arches and endless history etc.

Previous owned by totti and me prior to this

I currently drive a UK DC2 Integra Type R everyday but this would have to make way for the Williams in the first instance and then another car not to long afterwards as a daily runner maybe a diesel laguna etc...

My query is who still uses theres' everyday and what are your thoughts on reliability and safety being such an old car?

The car would be garaged every day and serviced by the same renault specilist i have used for years....

Come on help me build a case to convince the misses!

:D

My other thoughts is how do most people go on insuring two cars?

I use a Valver on 173,000 every day and it's fine.

I use my Williams almost everyday. I've replaced almost everything that can break, it's bulletproof now!

Nice car

Bored of the DC2?

i use mine daily, only 12 miles round trip mind, but use it weekend to go about the country as well and its a bit of a shoddy williams as well, been fine well one breakdown due to dodgy wiring, but sorted that

i use two separate policies for my two cars, was cheaper that way, both through same broker this year as well, but still cheaper as individual policies

mine gets used every day....alas not by me though.

has some issues that a couple of days spannering will sort.but its all good ;)

reliability...look after them and there is no reliability issues to speak of. same as everything else really. abuse them and overlook servicing etc and theyl bite you in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    I use my Williams almost everyday. I've replaced almost everything that can break, it's bulletproof now!

Nice car

Bored of the DC2?
    Not bored of the DC2 but it certainly does not have the same charm as the Williams. It is a superb piece of engineering and being brutally honest the DC2 is a superior car but it really comes down to me wanting my old car back and knowing that it is a very good one. There not any other Williams currently for sale i would buy. I have had a lot of cars since then but none of them give me the same feeling as the Williams.

Coops do you have one as a limited mileage policy or anything like that?

I have a 70 mile a day round trip, mostly motorway which is my main concern about using it every day initially.

where bouts in w. yorks u from mate?

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    where bouts in w. yorks u from mate?
    Now then rodders has mentioned you a few times lol... Im live in South Yorkshire now but I was in Bradford.

Use my valver everyday fine

I always say if you want reliability, walk. Cars will always break at some point, just deal with it. You're in an advantageous position if you do buy it back as you already know the car very well & you'll know what to do if it does break, so reliability isn't really an issue