Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    the car must have been known then - you can sell my car for me in a few months ; )

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by northy
    the car must have been known then - you can sell my car for me in a few months ; )
    yeah, its known on the mr2 site , which car you selling? you have a few dont you?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i know of this car and the guy, he told me that it was used for sprints/hill climbs etc etc, bit of a smart arse - or at least thats the way he came across, if what he said was true, he'd put loads of money into it.
    have you actually seen the car mate? does it look in good nick if so? ie. rusty arches etc?
    yeah ive seen it, however it was about 2 yrs ago, it was mint bodywork wise, but as we all know, it don't take long for the rust to set in. I personally wouldn't buy an empty bean can off him, due to the fact that he once had me when i bought summat off him. this is a personal vendetta though so get down there and have a look

Forum User
    well the mr2's going on saturday all being well, and i should be left with about 3k after i buy my daily runner for a track toy, so unless he's going to budge a bit, i'll be keeping eyes out for others, dont really know if i want to send upto 3k on one tbh, we'll see..........

he sounds a bit of a c*ck with his emails!

Forum User
    There are others about for a healthy budget like that. I just got one with tarox 6 pots, custom exhaust, supersprint mani, piper cams and vernier pulleys and ecu map to suit for quite a bit less.

I would also not be happy giving my hard earned cash to someone who seems a bit of a male hen.

Forum User
    yeah, i suppose i'll just have to wait for the right one to come along, the one in the above link is tempting as its in my town, but not for that price.

Forum User
    this thing just keeps getting relisted, same price aswell

Looking at this again and knowing more about the mods he has there I would say it is worth it. The top speed can easily be sorted with a quick visit to gripper. Find out if the block still has the OE bits for the doff to give it standard top speed. Not hard to swap when diff is out.

If you stuck ITB's on top of this it would be a seriously loopy car.

Yes, it is a good basis and would be a lot cheaper than buying a standard car and getting it up to the same spec. Trouble is, if you really want to continue using it in sprints and hillclimbs you'd need to check the rulebook carefully. I know in the SE events you'd either need to source an interior to stick back in it (does he still have this he could include in the sale?) to run in the standard production classes, or as Wobba says you'd need to go all out and whack ITBs, etc. in it and run with the wildly modified