Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum User

what do you think of this?

Well I've found myself looking at bloody clio's again , as much as i love the tubby, it just isn't practical with a baby lol, so unfortunatley its going to have to go, so this could be the ideal chance to buy a dedicated track toy ( finally ) and a big barge of an estate to run daily.

this williams has caught my eye, whats peoples opinions on it? forget about the lights etc, i mean as a track toy, is 100mph going to be a enough on track? i seem to remember hitting that in my valver on silverstone, ( only track i've been on ) is this speed enoungh for all the other tracks out there?

cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

lush spec! but for that kinda miney id buy the nana!

You need to ask him how the ratio system for the gears has been set up with the LSD. With Gripper diffs you can specify a bolt on crown wheel which I believe is relatively easy to remove (for rally teams at events for example) and swap for a different one, changing the ratio's to longer or shorter gearing.

Looks fun!

Forum User
    I agree, this has been for sale for some time before. I am sure to the right person it is a very good buy for a similar task to what it has been built for.

Looks like a nice motor all the same.

doesnt say anything about a cage tho....surely if the cars been built for said purpose, thatd be the first thing to go in.

looks around same spec as nana bar the fuel cell......and its a williams....my money would be on this tbh. no sunroof to leak or owt.

doesnt look a bad buy tbh, altho a little steep.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    You need to ask him how the ratio system for the gears has been set up with the LSD. With Gripper diffs you can specify a bolt on crown wheel which I believe is relatively easy to remove (for rally teams at events for example) and swap for a different one, changing the ratio's to longer or shorter gearing.

Looks fun!
    just emailed him, awaits response, will be very blunt going off his last response lol, not sure i'd want the costs/hassle tbh though

Forum User
    oh he said he'd rebuilt the engine himself, would this put people off, or would it not bother you given he has all the receipts etc

Quote Originally Posted by bill.
    oh he said he'd rebuilt the engine himself, would this put people off, or would it not bother you given he has all the receipts etc
    If it works, it fine. People generally like to make sure the car they are driving isn't a piece of shit if they can help it Worst that can happen is it blows up. No big deal.

Forum User
    i know of this car and the guy, he told me that it was used for sprints/hill climbs etc etc, bit of a smart arse - or at least thats the way he came across, if what he said was true, he'd put loads of money into it.

Forum User
    He didnt put a rollcage in, wants to save weight even emptying washer bottle...........read q an a at bottom for road legal category doesnt have to have one.....nutter!