Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are your long term plans for your Williams?

After reading how long some people on here have owned their Williams from Mat Browns thread and reading Wobbas plans, I'm interested to know what long term plans you have for your Williams. How long are you keeping if for, what future mods are you planning? Maybe it's just a short project you intend to sell after completion? Maybe mods aren't planned and you want to keep it standard and minty mint? Or you are building a track beast you intend to use for many years? Let us know...

LOL You been hanging round jamie for too long

Im intending on making a slag out of my 2 and making the 1 minty mint! It has been long on my mind what to do with the pair of them but decided now and i cant wait

Not planning on selling either of them tbh - I will just store one and TRY and forget about it if i end up wanting another car

Quote Originally Posted by J o n
    I'd like another Willy... but think a 172 exclusive is a better option, then I'll have a plaque and no rust ;)
    deluded

Forum User
    keep mine till i can afford a 650i, or an M6

Forum User
    once the engine is back in it should make it pretty close to concours standard... have no intention of ever selling... I'm quite happy in the knowledge I've one of the better examples of a Willy 1 remaining... it will probably get used less as time goes on....

engine will have to be re-built at some point in the next few years - may look at cams then (no-one can see them!) and it won't detract from my orginality!!

Decided finally Leighanne? Good

Talkingfish: Good plan, should be really nice car before long.

For me: Currently I am undergoing the final stages for my power plans (for now). After having the suspension geometry sorted, I will be having fun in it during summer at track days, meets shows etc. Then assuming I haven't written it off, it will be bodywork time.

Wheels are mint already, but a few minor dents and scratches have appeared of late, and rust is coming through on the rear arches from a botched repair a few months before I bought the car. May have the sills done a well at the same time. I can't justify a full respray just yet.

Long term: Garage the car for fun-days, buy and commute in a car I don't care about much, keeping the Willy as a future classic.

I always thought I’d sell after 5 years ownership but now that time has come I can’t let go!

My long term plan now is to keep the Williams for another few years as a road car and use it on the track every now and again, then buy another car and use it purely for track and car shows. Will prob need some money spent on it by then so will have the engine, gearbox, diff and suspension refurbed (stan), any bits on the bodywork done and get some nice bits for track work (bucket seats, CF bonnet Toyo R888's etc.) no point in messing with anything at this point as it's been so reliable the last few years (why fix it if it aint broke?) anyway it's plenty fast enough for the road tbh and still mint, would maybe like some ITB's in the future for when it's a dedicated track car, but that's a long time away...

Forum User
    We don't ever intend selling our williams 2, had it just over 8 years, done loads of driving holidays to france, scotland, wales and both of us still love it every time we take it for a drive!

Its never been crashed, has all original paint and we got it in a small feature in classic cars last year which was good! I've just had the gearbox reconditioned and done some other work on the engine (all original),only put the engine back in last night! I'll put some pictures up in the next few weeks.

I intend trying to get one properly featured in classic cars this year, I've spoken to the editor about it and I'm really going to push for it! About time!!

Not sure if i will be keeping mine, i would love too but i have spent a fortune on her already.

Need a new left rear quarter panel, suspension needs new parts (it's shagged), wheels need refurbing, rust on driver side arch needs sorting.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Not sure if i will be keeping mine, i would love too but i have spent a fortune on her already.

Need a new left rear quarter panel, suspension needs new parts (it's shagged), wheels need refurbing, rust on driver side arch needs sorting.
    Trick is, one thing at a time.

Suspension is cheap and easy to fit mate.

Wheels really make the car stand out and help distract people from rust.

Paint and arch by itself isn't that painful.