Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help required

Forum User

Help required

Hi People,
    I need some help with the following as the govt over here is trying to screw me.
    Can anyone get the follwoing info for me:

The factory dimesions of a clio williams

Clio williams 1994/95 who have recently passed a mot, i need the co2 emissions figures and particulate matter, i think there s print out they givve you or something.

I know it sounds weird but to register a car from 1994 with a 2.0 engine is turning out to be a nightmare for me and im gonna start crying.

Thanks again
    Jaymz

Forum User
    Hi Northy,
    Can i take those fugures as Bible, especially the co'2 at 240g/km

Thanks again for the help

Jaymz

Is this anything to do with the fact Malta only joined the EU in 2004 and therefore didn't subscribe to the same standards of car manufacture back then?

Back then I think we had EU vehicle approval (may have changed now) but the Williams was in that category.

Don't you have an equivalent of single vehicle approval (SVA) over there? That may be one way around registration issues if that is the case.

Forum User
    Hi Wobba, Once we joined the Eu the registration tax on vehicle import changed completly to the better might i add, basically for me to get a williams 1 over here i have to pay euro 1800 reg tax this is worked out on car size /engine/age, which isnt too bad considering what it costs to get a Japanese import.
    However the main issue is this which is new by the way is the road license fee. Which is calculated on car age/and size of engine. now if the wily produceses 240co2 g/km it will cost me 1032 euro a year.

There doing this to prevent an influx of older crappy cars basically which i understand since were small island. (but the wily isnt a crappy car)

Gotta find a way to get that co2 dwon to 130 then its only 400 a year.

tks
    jaymz

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymzfc
    Hi Northy,
    Can i take those fugures as Bible, especially the co'2 at 240g/km

Thanks again for the help

Jaymz
    No but you can use these.

Great links to the specs. That carfolio one is now bookmarked as interesting to be able to look up loads of cars on there, thanks Northy.

I think the issue with CO2 is that the car was never put through the official EU cycle to measure it, as the rules (plus low volume?) meant it was not necessary back when the car was built. Therefore there is no 'bible' figure for the CO2 as far as I know - the 240g/km on the carfolio spec is worked out from knowing the mpg and working out roughly what CO2 would come out of the back if you are using that much fuel. We have the same issue here, re: unknown CO2, and so our tax for cars before the date they have all the figures is based purely on the engine capacity.

Forum User
    This is why i need to get my co2 level down.

The figures on top of the form are the age of the car +14 years then look on the left and see the km/g followed on the right and theres the amount you will need to pay, hence the 1474 euros if the co2 km/g is over 240.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, I know why you are asking, it is just that for most cars over 14 years old there is going to be no 'official' CO2 rating for them, so how does anyone know what band to put it in?