Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of an Era

It's also the law that you only ever seem to have to work on french cars in the depths of winter.

I remember I once changed the aux belt on the wife's Xsara VTS in summer. Best job I've ever done on a car. All my tools to hand, it was a well thought out system that didn't require hands the size of a 2 yr old, and I was wearing short and t-shirt and had a beer on the go.

That's the only time I've ever worked on a car and it been a real pleasure from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    It's also the law that you only ever seem to have to work on french cars in the depths of winter.
    So true! My worst nightmares have been when it's really bad weather with the one exception of my engine swap at Summeh's where he had a very cool garage on hand.

I'll never forget the time my fuel hose split on the M27...of course, it was sub zero temperatures and snowing...and dark. And the headgasket change mid winter on the side of the road without a clue what I was doing hehe. Or the rounded off and leaking brake union in the pissing rain at 10 pm the night before work. Or the failed alternator just before last Xmas in the rain at 9 pm...or the dead battery in a 7 hour traffic jam the other day on the night of the worst weather in 30 years at midnight in the snow...the list goes on and on lol.