Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok so others may seem its miles from me but my family are all in London, and going up to see them dont seem so much like a trek tbh...they are by Enfield junction of m25, which harlow isnt far from really at all.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LEIGH-ANNE
    Ok so others may seem its miles from me but my family are all in London, and going up to see them dont seem so much like a trek tbh...they are by Enfield junction of m25, which harlow isnt far from really at all.

lol well if your gunna do it from enfield then no its just a mere jaunt. :P

Harlow Motorsport was part of The Harlow Group, an engineering company that still exists today.
    They won the inaugural championship in 1991 with Steve Waudby who now owns SWR Motorsport, and is responsible for the gearboxes in the current Clio Cup and FRenault, they also ran Adam Simmons in 91 the son of Len Simmons the boss of Harlow Group.

They were a big budget operation and were not shy of spending money and as the development went on it made it difficult for teams like Mark Fish and ourselves to keep up.

In later seasons Harlow started selling engines and gearboxes to anyone and although the engines were only meant to be “blueprinted” you really needed a Harlow motor to keep up, the Harlow motors all have a blue rocker cover.
    They were fantastic engines and when mine turned up looking like new after a rebuild with all the plastic bungs in the ports and water intakes like a formula 1 engine, I was like a kid at Christmas. :D

They later went on to run Nigel Albon, one of their Clio Cup drivers, in the BTCC privateers cup in the Renault 19.

Anyone heard of Julian Pilling?
    Can see where his name used to be on the dash on mine.

Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by RB23
    Harlow Motorsport was part of The Harlow Group, an engineering company that still exists today.
    They won the inaugural championship in 1991 with Steve Waudby who now owns SWR Motorsport, and is responsible for the gearboxes in the current Clio Cup and FRenault, they also ran Adam Simmons in 91 the son of Len Simmons the boss of Harlow Group.

They were a big budget operation and were not shy of spending money and as the development went on it made it difficult for teams like Mark Fish and ourselves to keep up.

In later seasons Harlow started selling engines and gearboxes to anyone and although the engines were only meant to be “blueprinted” you really needed a Harlow motor to keep up, the Harlow motors all have a blue rocker cover.
    They were fantastic engines and when mine turned up looking like new after a rebuild with all the plastic bungs in the ports and water intakes like a formula 1 engine, I was like a kid at Christmas. :D

They later went on to run Nigel Albon, one of their Clio Cup drivers, in the BTCC privateers cup in the Renault 19.
    I have a feeling Adam Simmons Cup car was Summehs old car. Not 100% sure though. Had an article about it but I gave it to SUmmeh. Think I have a scan of it somewhere.

What team where you running with RB23? Sorry, whats your name?

Mark always said the same as you. Harlow Motorsport always spent the money needed. Keeping up with them in the 1992-93 seasons was tough. Mark was sponsored by them in the Renault 5GT Turbos when they where running a few cars.
    They went into porsche's eventually didnt they, among other things. The team has folded now though. Steve Waudby was manning the Sadev stand at the Autosport show.

The markfish.co.uk website will host a load of results sheets when it goes up, so it could be of interest. Its supprising how many cars are left!

We are always looking for the opportunity to get to touring cars. After winning the team and drivers championship in the 2000 clio cup, we where hoping a deal would come together, but it all comes down to money.
    AMD tuning are just making the steps by buying an S2000 VW Golf from Estonia. Alot of people will be watching to see if they can make it work...

Quote Originally Posted by MatBrown
    Anyone heard of Julian Pilling?
    Can see where his name used to be on the dash on mine.

Mat.
    woe woe woe mr brown - u carnt just spring this info out of the blue. Us cup guys dont like suprises haha.

Will look through my history and see if i can see his name.

Can u get a picture up of where u can see it ?

I'm sure i've asked you before.
    It's on the top dash above the glovebox.

Mat.

sorry mat - you have.

I think this thread needs tidying, we seem to have hijacked it a bit.

Mat.