Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b
    He told me yesterday that he's doing mine on Monday/Tuesday, after he has finished the 'Danish one'. Since you are not Danish I'm assuming that there are at least 3 boxes there now Have you already sent yours to them Dan? At the moment my engine installation is held up by a missing sump (have a Willy one, need a F7R-714 or 172/182 one) but as soon as that's sorted I need the box back pronto to finally get the car finished.
    That will be my box then...
    My box has been there for ages now
    John might be a littlke tired of me i guess. I'm calling him a least once a week!
    Hope i will have it soon - firsk track day is getting closer!

Michael

I did think of you when he said 'Danish' but then didn't see you on the group buy list so thought maybe not - I didn't realise you pre-dated us :D Hopefully the group buy ones will speed yours along now. Do you have another box in the car to be able to use it at the moment?

They had my box well before the Autosport show.

Bought a JC5 of Coops - Yozza collected it from Coops - Then Fred from BTM Performance dropped it of at Gripper.

Car is on axlestands at the moment with my std. box fitted.
    Lots of mods taking place at the moment... :D
    But actually only waiting for that box!
    Can't bloody wait!!!! :D

Michael

Forum User
    So are we saying john has 3 of the crown wheels for this now?

I'm still waiting............ Aaarrggghhh...

What about you guys in the group buy - are you also still waiting?

Yes, we are all still waiting I'm afraid, as far as I know (Wobba is for sure). I called John at Gripper yesterday as he had previously said my box would be ready to be sent back to go on the car on Tuesday, but when I called he said that they decided that they should get a larger retaining pin machined so that the boxes/diffs are stronger. Whilst that sounds like a worthwhile improvement he did say that it would probably mean it would be another two weeks before the diffs are installed and the boxes sent out!

Quite frankly, I am sick of hearing why my diff isn't ready. I've been on standby to have my car taken to bits for weeks, and now it IS in bits and they delay AGAIN. I am smelling bullshit. he told me they would have the diffs worked on by tomorrow. More bollocks I am guessing.

Right:

All crown wheels MUST be at Gripper by Friday at the very latest, sooner is better. If you are a late comer and want to know information like prices and diff options please read the posts that Russ and others have already made.

He has Steve's.
    He has Wobba's.
    He has Russ's.
    He has Chris's.
    Twincam is having a bolt on.

He was under the impression they only had three there, made him check there and then and found another one to be machined (mine ). He agreed to start the machining today as they have the minimum of 5 and crack open Stevies box as well.

They are awaiting a couple of cogs, which should arrive tomorrow.

There is at least one other 'box there from an F7R awaiting finishing, ClioKongen's from Denmark. I believe they will do his at the same time (his has been there 3 months for some work and the diff, so he will be relieved!).

The first finished products will be ready on Friday and Monday, probably collected by courier the next day. I imagine first deliveries will be seen on Wednesday next week.

Once your item is ready to be shipped, Gripper will contact you using the contact details you put in with the parts you sent to COLLECT CARD DETAILS FOR FINAL PAYMENT.

Have your Debit/Credit card on you at all times. Eating, sleeping, bathing...make sure that phone and card is with you at all times or it may mean further delays

Dan/Wobba.

Diffs should be sent to us next week. Expect a call from Gripper for your money!

Cheers Dan. I'm out of the country at the moment so they won't be able to reach me. If you happen to be speaking to them and could remind them of my conversation with them before I left I will call them when I return on Friday to pay if they have already finished it by then.