Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    * Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Quote Originally Posted by ThRaXaIR
    lol im guessing you mean you wouldnt accept any silly offers buddy?
    dibs on that silly offer if he does not :D

Bad ad really, the car is filthy and looks rough as a result

What looks like a visible dent in the drivers door - cheap fix for you to do, dirty interior, horrible looking wheel colour, 2 month mot (should do it now not when someone is interested as its a waste of time for the buyer if it fails to death)

FSH upto ONLY half its mileage isn't what you put on an ad!

I personally would cancel that ad, wash the car properly, re-write the ad or get some help wording it and take some decent angled pictures and LOTS of them, link a full album of pics to the ad.

Offers of £1200 are to be expected with it looking like this I'm afriad.

Hope this helps!

Forum User
    Thanks for the feedback - Your right, I have been quite lazy with my advert writing etc. Daz - you think that the small dent in the door is easily removed? What do you think that the best course of action is for this? Remove the door card and push the dent out?? Thanks for the feedback

Forum User
    Also - if I were to break the car, what kind of money do you think could be made? Obviously I would prefer to sell the car as it is a shame to break a williams but if needs must I could break the car.

dent repair man would pop that out no problem with nothing having to be removed - would cost peanuts too.

Forum User
    Having just broken a Williams 3 I would suggest avoiding that route unless absolutely desparate! My decision to break was by virtue of the rust issues that would have been financial suicide to rectify! I am left with bits that I thought would be easy to sell, interior engine etc that have attracted very little sensible interest.

The benefit to me was I am restoring a W1 so a fedw parts are worth more to me too!

If yours is clean which it seems like it could be take heed of Daz's advice and get a well documented advert to give yourself a better chance. It would be a crying shame to see another one gone!

Yea dent repair for thats sort of thing is easy to sort, must get some done myself tbh :D

Have a look here: http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...ic.php?t=15762

Look at the pics, use them to think of examples you could do yourself. Close up shots of the bulging arches and good bits of your car etc. Clean it properly using 2 bucket method and shampoo/chamois/polish/blue colour magic etc, and wheels as clean as you can without damaging paint.

Tomorrow is sposed to be a better day weather wise so do it then.

Re-word the add, link to the sites of the best hot hatch ever and stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiV_iNO41-8

Be honest about what needs sorting on the car and price it to match what you want and what needs doing, but always remember a buyer SHOULD know these cars are old and will always require work, but assuming it's not a total dog you'll sell it if the buyer thiks you have looked after it in some way...like most of us look after ours. Major selling point being in a club like this and having masses of forum history ^^

Forum User
    I will post new pictures up soon but I need the space asap so the Willy has to go - Im sure that this is a bargin price as the bodywork is good for a clio. £1300 no offers. It now has MOT on untill 25/02/2011 and tax until the end of March. Any one interested, give me a shout

Forum User
    Sorry Pistonheads advert has been cancelled.

Williams 2

12.5 months MOT
    1.5 months TAX
    Good Arches
    Excellent Sills,Doors Etc
    Good Interior - Carpet stained unfortunatly
    Wheels kerbed but not corroded - Bad colour though

Cheap car - just dont want to get messed about

Forum User
    No one interested on here boys & girls?? Its a cheap car - even cheap enough for a track day car!?! :D