View Poll Results: are the current admin the people to take the club forward?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) we have admin on the site??

7 23.33%
  • b) yes

6 20.00%
  • c) no

7 23.33%
  • d) Vote 2 live for Admin

10 33.33%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

general question for all club members

are you happy with what the club gives you in terms of being a club. not just a forum?

nobody turns up to local meets.

apart from that its ok.

The way I'd describe this site/club as a whole is that it seems to be stagnant if you know what I mean?

Forum User
    To me it is just a forum whilst being friendly/meeting up with the few members from my area every now and then. I'd love for there to be meets like there was 2 years ago but imo it can't happen in such scale due to the hugely diminished traffic! I wouldn't blame admin for not taking the site forward as if there isn't many people visiting the site then they don't really need to do much bar general upkeep (ie spam deletion etc) On the other hand a massive overhaul of site facilities and general updating the site's homepage to attract new members might be a good idea but this site does seem to be a VERY limited market.

yeah its a limited market, due to the limited car it supports. but im sure even the rarer cars clubs have meets, the admin organise shows etc, seems the admin really couldnt give a shit on here tbh, well the majority of them anyway, and leave the meets/events etc up to the members to sort out.

and when they do sort meets out, its generally invite only, to a select few.

again ......not the best way to run a club imo.

as for ppl visiiting the site........what kind of image is the site projecting?? i mean, the home page has had the internal server error for how long?? the site seriously needs revamping, something we have been getting promised will be getting sorted for years. 1 look at the site to me is enough to make prospective members etc think again and go elsewhere.

and who put the option d) on ???????? wasnt me thats for fukkin sure.

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    tbh its not even worth me putting an effort into stating my
    opinion ,this thread will sooner or later get deleted as others before .
    there you go :D

There isnt much effort on the whole, dont think its just the admin team though.

This is my "favourite" club, but its also my least favourite forum currently...

Stagnant is definately the best term to use.

Jon what do you suggest needs to be done?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    and who put the option d) on ???????? wasnt me thats for f**kin sure.
    Yeah i see its changed

Nice to see members taking a interest in the site - thanks 2live.

But can i just say one thing guys, people who run club websites know the work that goes on in the background. Its not visible from most members eyes but at admin level it is.

This 'meets dont happen' comments lads, come - ive heard the same excuse for years now - if you want a meet ? Organise one. Im sure that EVERYONE on here has missed meets when they have been organised. So thats no excuse for a club. Everyone is differant and want differant things out of the club.

Bringing in New Admin / moderators wont affect anything to do with how busy / active the site is. The powers Moderators have is minimal. They will agree with me on that one.

But if this messge is aimed at me fair enough, i will try harder to get the new forum done and home page refreshed. I am fully aware of what works and what not works on here.

If a new forum is what is needed when this topic concludes - to make everyone happy i will ENSURE it gets done asap.

J O N has been pushing me for months, just like jamie who was upset with no progress over 6months and left the admin team, leighanne who has even offered to pay for it all herself to allow the site to be revamped just like jamie did. So i am FULLY AWARE it needs to be done.

Please bear with me guys, no one is more passionate about the rusty blue cars than me. I will look forward to seeing which way this topic goes.