View Poll Results: are the current admin the people to take the club forward?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) we have admin on the site??

7 23.33%
  • b) yes

6 20.00%
  • c) no

7 23.33%
  • d) Vote 2 live for Admin

10 33.33%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yeah, it'd help if we all appreciated the Trophy was the better car (jon).

funny that.....so do i.

Quote Originally Posted by northy
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    i suggest a full revamp of this decrepid site, f**kin even noah has a more up to date site then this.
    it was started 7 months ago. Progress is very slow. A plan is in place to get it done asap.
    very well......whos progress is slow.....and why cant it be sped up?

and a full overhaul of the meets/events organisers...i mean ...northys only interested in track days, then he will turn up in a mk1........all other times its either the tow car or some gay 182....as is the case with most of the admin.
    Yes, i do prefer trackdays to meets. Meets were enjoyable when i did them. When they stopped being enjoyable i stopped. There has been loads of meets organised that people drop out on. Atleast i go.
    When i do go on meets recently they were CS meets. So we went in vics car. Makes a change to get in her car. But i have done many a meet in the williams.[/quote]

name ur last meet in the williams. lmao makes a change ...

monthly meets to return.......new area reps as they are doing f*k all to support the club moving forward.
    I agree - you can do one in the new year [/quote]

yeah i can do that.....trafford ctr..........jjb.........sat 16th jan do??

new owners...as northy really doesnt seem to give a f*k about the club, but is more than happy to take any perks his position brings forward
    What perks do i take ? bar getting crap from you lot about this forum.[/quote]

u tellin me u have had none??

no - i got to keep the BB Tunning shifter and i got a free dogbone for my help with designing the Powerflex one. But if your talking pizza's then u should know me better mate.

Last meet i went to was FCS 2009 mate.

make me an area rep!

i could generate a lot of interest in this club. especially considering the amount of one seven twos and one eight twos, and that they are very keen to talk cars.

a lot of people who have owned a willy go onto a newer model. this site is a bit anti this and i dont understand the un necessary bitching.

i would take a look at 'the other website' and look at the technical section. i would even consider making 'him' an admin of the technical section, as the information posted was very good and it just seems a bit daft to not try and iron out the problems and have somebody who is really passionate about these cars.

i know he can be a cock, we all can be, especially me. but it would be for the benefit of the williams 'community' if all active 'fans' pull in the same way.

I'm guilty of not attending enough meets in the past (apart from the FCS), but I do meet with Jamie on a regular basis for pool and a few beers. I will try and make a conscious effort to attend some more if monthly meets are arranged and my Williams is back on the road.

Northy, a new updated site would be nice as it's looking very dated now (and has done for a while), and some new area reps appointed to get things moving. And please bring back the edit button!!

check the thread on cs lol. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie.
    Imo, ultimatley site isn't about meets really, not anymore. There isn't the activity. Everyone is also too spaced out. Round by me there is me and Tommo and I suppose that cripple Alex (;) xxx)

Lol, cheeky git!!! 'tis true though for now, lets hope not much longer eh

My opinion:-

I've been a fan of valvers and williams' since i was an early teenager, and started over on CS many moons ago. Never even knew about this site for a fair while to be honest. It was only when CS slowly began to be completely mk2 orientated that i found here. I still find it quietly amusing how that forum has changed over the years......

Coming here to WC, as stated previously, i found the technical knowledge to be the best part of this forum. There is an abundance of it, which over the years has helped me to understand working on these cars alot better. I know not no-one on here really knows me due to the fact i don't consistently post really - i think i don't post much due to the fact that most technical and general questions are answered really well by other members who regularly reply. I do think i should post more, but just don't deem it necessary to due to the vast knowledge by some of the other people on here. I feel that the overall age on this site is alot higher than over on C16VER - it seems a lot more alive over there. Maybe this is due to the fact that this is a website devoted to the Williams and NOT the 16v editions of the car. Obviously this cannot be helped, due to the rapid decent of the amount of Williams' out there. Maybe 16v owners feel they aren't as welcome on this site??? Personally, i've never owned a Williams, but i feel they're such similar cars and are both rare sights on roads - hence the mechanical knowledge on here is invaluable.

With regards to the meet side of things, as Jamie can tell you i've never been to a meet yet - have a busy life! (well not at the mo - doing jack shit all day every day ) However, i do agree with Jamie that Williams' around this area are rare are rocking horse poo. Maybe if some of the lads off C16VER got over here, they'd be tempted to get to some meets on here instead, and build up some numbers.

I don't know, it seems like a difficult situation to resolve really. Meets are only down to the members, and i think it's a bit harsh putting the blame on Northy for lack of attendance. Just my opinion though.

IF i ever recover from this spinal injury, i will make a more conscious effort to try and attend at least 1 meet at some time - as it's people like me who just read the information and never post that don't really help the situation over here if i'm honest*

Oh and i do agree that a new forum would be a welcome site. Maybe it will help to drum up some more members.......

*Please don't ban me!!!!!

Also, i know what most people think about CS - myself included in this. However, there are lots of members on here with 172's & 182's that could possibly help to bring the clubs together a bit more?

As Jamie stated, they're obviously more into their meets alot more. I would dare say that surely alot of them would be quite interested to see/experience a proper williams or hybrid, as i imagine alot of CS's members have never had one before, hence not even beginning to understand what awesome cars they are. & vice / versa to be honest - 172's / 182's are still excellent cars at the end of the day.

I mean, at the end of the day it's still a Clio!

Just an idea though........

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    i just became a paid member on CS