dodgey temperature gauge!!!

was drivin 2 work 2day and a mad man came round the corner n nearly knocked me in2 another car! luckily i just knocked my wingmirror off....only thing is though some of the wires have came out the mirror (it didnt work b4 i knocked it off btw) but now as well as the mirror not workin the temperature gauge in the dash next 2 the speedometer constantly reads - 30 degrees AND it keeps flashin at me

any ideas on whats gone wrong or how i cane fix it? could it just be the fact that some of the wires coming loose from the mirror have effectd the wires that controll the temp gauge?

certainly sounds that way take dash of tonight only takes a couple of mins 5 screws and just have a check to see if any have come loose etc

Cant think of any other reason why it would just stop working probaly unles the sensor has gone but i t would be very odd espically as it happens the same time that some one twated in to you

ye ill take the dash off when i fit my new mirror which should be here in the next couple of days :D luks like the only fing i can do....

ye i noticed it about 2 minutes after i knockd my mirror off so id say its sumat 2 do wiv the wirin....

where do the wires run from and which part off the dash do they run under? just in case i need 2 take the whole thing off

cant remember of the top my head just remember that there is shit loads behind there from when i stripped my rolled willy just have a fiddle see if you can see any dodgy ones

Shaw somebody on hear knows and will add photos if nessacery

The temp sensor is located in your now ex door mirror.

What Martin said.

My disply is not currently lit, since I couldn't be arsed taking the dash top off again.

ooo rite...is it that little black tip pointing 2wards the floor on the underside of the mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by iLL_MoVeS
    ooo rite...is it that little black tip pointing 2wards the floor on the underside of the mirror?
    Yep!

always wondered what that was! lol

thanks people!

I have the same prob, need another mirror, will any phase 2 mirror work obviously providing its an electric one?