Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Cool, let us know how they go

Forum User
    just got some DSperformance pads for mine (a chunk cheaper than DS2500) fitting next few days, I'll report back

Oh and as for greenstuff............worst junk available anywhere. I'd use a £9 set of pads before touching those pile of shite again

When it comes to "bedding" pads in is that only if your disks has slight lips on then from using the old pads so the new ones have to be worn in to compensate for this?

I don't think so, but probably you can get away with doing less on new as the faces of pad and disc should (hopefully lol) be straighter than the might be once worn

Quote Originally Posted by white16valver
    I don't think so, but probably you can get away with doing less on new as the faces of pad and disc should (hopefully lol) be straighter than the might be once worn
    Well the disks shouldn't be too bad at all.....don't suppose the greenstuff pads have made much of an impression on then! Read up about it on a few site, say to drive at a stead spead then brake fair hard several time until but don't completely stop and repeat this about 20 times.

Forum User
    bedding in isn't to do with disk wear

brakes work by depositing friction material from the pads in the surface of the disk. You then get 2 friction surfaces working together to give you the best brakes. Old disks will have different pad compound, so if you use a different pad, you'll never get best performance

Quote Originally Posted by Dan@GDI
    bedding in isn't to do with disk wear

brakes work by depositing friction material from the pads in the surface of the disk. You then get 2 friction surfaces working together to give you the best brakes. Old disks will have different pad compound, so if you use a different pad, you'll never get best performance
    Ok, thanks for that mate. Well they can't be much worse than they are now!

It all about how you drive and what you want them for....

If you drive like miss daisy then most pads will be fine but if you really want the best stuff and are low dust (not the ferodo and PF eat your wheels type) then pagids blues are the best i have come across. I am using them on the rally car they are great, dont eat discs like ds3000 and have lasted nearly a season..! i have fitted a set to my new alcon 4 pots set up i have been that impressed.

Decided to get some new disks aswell today as the current one were nearly totally worn and wanted to fit new disks and pads.

First impressions of the Black Diamond predator pads are pretty good! Took the car out for a spin to try and bed them in a bit and pedal feels pretty good. Look forward to seeing what there like when the properly bedded in

Did notice that the wheels locked up though when braking hard so hope thats just to do with the pads bedding in

lol I had an unintentional lock up incident with my CL RC5+ when they were new - I think they're just a bit snatchy till bedded in!

re: Evogone's Pagid Blue recommendation, I concur that they are great, they were the last pad I was running I felt they were a bit 'dead' at the top though, almost like they were glazed and not gripping, but the CL RC5+ are awesome and less money. Time will tell on the brake dust issues that previously blighted them!