Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Bad luck with the williams

Hello guys i have had nothing but trouble as of late with the williams i had just got to the point were i can start looking at paying for my engine to be re-built when my car decided to snap its clutch cable.
    which is a bit of a pain but then a few days later my steering rack pops its gaskets and dumps all the fluid onto my drive so had to pay to have that done.
    Got my belts done at the same time. so all was sorted you whould think but no the rack that went in was faulty and popped its gaskets 3 days later so back in it went.
    By this point i did start looking at other cars to buy but i thought hey its a goodish car keep it so it came back and felt great. then i noticed that i was leaving a little patch of gearbox oil were ever i went so looked into this and found it was the gearbox end cover so that got replaced.
    Then 3 weeks of no trouble then bang my clutch cable snaps again right on a roundabout
    so got it back home with a bit of a fix and a whole heap of cursing
    to find out i now need a new clutch as the old one is what is snapping the cables oh the bloody joys of french car's
    sorry this is a bit long winded just needed to get it off my chest

That sucks :( Bad luck!

Get a genuine Renault cable for the clutch, others can be iffy!

Forum User
    yaeh got a new clutch cable now and a new clutch it goes in next week to have it all fitted. I cant belive how much work there is to just do the clutch on the car

tight engine bays mate, very difficult to split the box off the engine sufficiently in the car, have to drop the subframe and allsorts, believe its about a book 6-8 hour job.

did my last box swap in 2

Forum User
    dont get an aftermarket clutch cable, there about inch shorter than renault ones. there only around 20 quid anyway,

make sure its not a reconditioned clutch either. you need a genuine valeo? fitted one. one robbing bastard fitted a recon one and it only lasted 18 months and did 2 clutch cables and a ratchet set.

the guy who replaced it, noted that the wear on the clutch wasnt right. and spotted the recon from a mile off.

got mine replaced for 475 all in. clutch, cable and fitting.

Forum User
    renault clutch cable closer to £40

Forum User
    Got a new clutch not a re-con one with that and fitting it will be 500 all in which is not to bad as one place quoted 1000
    so after all this i will have to start saving again for a re-build its now on 196thou miles

Quote Originally Posted by yeti
    Got a new clutch not a re-con one with that and fitting it will be 500 all in which is not to bad as one place quoted 1000
    so after all this i will have to start saving again for a re-build its now on 196thou miles
    £1000=They don't want to do it lol.

Clutch is a pain.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti

£500 your kidding thats taking the piss as for a £1000 well thats fooking stupid