Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: evening all....

Also, Where is the car your looking at? someone might be able to come along with you.

Mat.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MatBrown
    Also, Where is the car your looking at? someone might be able to come along with you.

Mat.
    Hi Mat, the car's in Birmingham & i'm in Dorset so we're meeting @ the Air Balloon pub on Birdlip Hill - as no money will be exchanged i thought it was safe to meet half way...not the best thing to do, but i'm sure everything will be cool.

If anyone's local & fancies coming along to have a look/give advise, you'd be most welcome. The Air Balloon is on the A417 just off junction 11A of the M5 & we're meeting at 2pm....

I'll be in my Impreza Turbo wagon & he'll be in....yes you guessed it a Williams 3....

Forum User
    Met up with the Williams 3 today - looked good, but i'm pretty fussy......

Window rubbers were past it, the boot looked like it had been used by a builder, the door cards were poor - to be honest the interior really let the car down. On the outside though the paintwork was mint - really clean. Unfortunately two of the alloys were badly kerbed, but appart from that it looked good.
    The engine sounded good & ticked over nice n smooth, under the bonnet the manifold heat shield was missing & the power steering resivoir had a leak.
    On the test drive it drove/pulled well but the steering was more wooly than a flock of sheep - truly shocking.... common problem i know - it had 2-3 inches of play. The gearbox was "loose" & i had trouble finding gears....
    It was a nice car but not for me.........

Think i'll keep looking for now & maybe contact a "local" owner so i can look at a sorted one....

Forum User
    all power steering reservoirs push out some fluid thru breather :(