Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum User

Tour of Mull 2009

Happy days Well sort of I have sorted a deal out to compete on this fantastic "closed road rally" called by many as the best rally in the world !!!
    The Deal !!!!~~~
    I am co-driving in my car ,with an aquaintance who has some reasonable pedigree ~~ finished the Roger Albert Clark Rally in his Historic Ford Cortina GT in 2008
    He has paid the entry,bought 8 brand new tyres,paid to have 4 x 55watt HID lamps fitted to the lamp pod,ordered 100litres high octane fuel paid £600 insurance for total loss to the car whilst competing.I have bought some new pace notes and borrowed an in date set of Sparco Triple layer overalls.
    I wanted to do the event this year ~~ It is the 40th Anniversary of the rally,and it could be my swansong ~~ Age and finance is finally creeping in.
    If you log into the website you will be able to keep up to date with things as they happens.We are hoping for a safe and trouble free event

We are seeded at car 119
    www.2300club.org

good luck mate. i know how much u love this event, hope you get past the tricky bits that caught u out last time... keep us all updated.

Forum User
    Ta for that Jon~~ The first two stages are through the town of Tobermory Super specials as they are known ~~ First intstruction "100 yards FLAT into chicane left entry around the clock tower /Memorial !!!!!
    I hope my mate does not F**k up around there ~~ well embarassing if we do
    Should have better visibility with the new pod lights though

im sure ul b fine mate lol.

Hi Rod!

The mrs and myself will be there this year with team Anglia as normal! Mike has a fancy new engine this year - but has only had a small event to give the car a shakedown

I must admit the thought of the first stage through the middle of Tobes is just spine tingling! Can't wait to see it. I hope we don't miss out being chase car or i'll be gutted!

I hope things go well for you this year after what's happened in previous years. Good luck!

Forum User
    Cheers Alex.

Come up and see us if /when you are free.Can you please mention to Judith and all the gang about my Charity Music Quiz in the MISHNISH
    on Wednesday night ~~ a good laugh for a good cause ~~ RNLI or Cancer Reasearch ~~ not decided which yet ~~ got some good raffle prizes

Sounds awesome dude! Good luck and we will be watching with interest!

Forum User
    Plenty of opposite lock Rod...good luck an stay safe mate

Forum User
    Many thanks for all the good wishes very much appreciated ~~ i'm filling up now
    Anyway a couple of photos,of the old car on Mull (Me driving) and the new one

See you when we get back,My driver has gone out over Lythe Fell & Gisburn Forest roads (Stocks Reservoir) tonight Ahem setting the lights !!!!! and bedding the brakes in

May come knowing on your door next year for Mull..!

Happy to go all in for what is one of the best events in the world. Even know someone who has a holiday home on the island.

Good luck Rod.