Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gates make Renault Belts and most other manufacturers, You could go to renault and i bet you'd get a Gates belt, doesnt matter whats on the Box, they should all be guaranteed, but... A cambelt company will wiggle out of any failure Claims unless you use one of their Fancy Tension Testing kits, Which Are Silly Expensive,
    Just go to your local parts shop and get a belt or kit, These "piper" belts i doubt are actually uprated and probably just have a Brand name Stamped on them

One wonders how much they actually cost to manufacture. They just look like a glorified thick rubber band, lol.

well Try Googling it, They mass Produce a Big long roll, and then cut the right thickness, obviously needs the right amount of teeth for each application though!

I imagined thats how it would be done, but for a large manufacturer you would think this would work out at a few quid each when mass produced. The mark up must be 'significant'.

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy
    Quote Originally Posted by matty w
    but if you use a geniune renault kit and it fails renault will pay for a rebuild if its there kit that fails,gsf arent going to do that
    Nope, renault will tell you to get stuffed & say you didnt fit it right & you're not gonna be able to argue against it
    it was nick hill who told me that because he had got an engine build out of renault

Forum User
    but if you use a geniune renault kit and it fails renault will pay for a rebuild if its there kit that fails,gsf arent going to do that
    Nope, renault will tell you to get stuffed & say you didnt fit it right & you're not gonna be able to argue against it
    it was nick hill who told me that because he had got an engine build out of renault
    yeah maybe for him but for us average joes you havent got a chance of that

Forum User
    I doubt it's a genuine renault kit, k-tec just get pattern parts then just mark the price up

doesn't really matter what you get as long as it's got the tensioners with it you'll be fine
    it's most likely Gates, which IS genuine

the tensioners are the pricey bit, if you wanted them separate they'd be somewhere in the region of £40 each

The box is exactly the same as the one my official Renault oil filter came in. Can't see ktec resorting to photographing gear in Renault endorsed boxes they didn't come in.