Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    Any photos of the arch painted and finished Paddy?

LOTS!! just look for my threads in the pictures section

16v.... were your arches guaranteed for any length of time?

I need mine doing, again!! but i don't want the rust coming back 2 months down the line, lol.

OK then. To start with, where do I get the 'piece of metal' that is suitable to weld on for £20? Afaik, there were only 300 or so W3s. Or have you welded on a bit of a mk1 and stretched it somehow? What should I search for to find the donor part? Where should I try? Not many people have such skill. I'm a primary school teacher, not a mechanic.

My family home is in Leicester, not so far from Nottingham and I'm owed a lot of holiday so maybe we can come to some arrangement to look at this together. Msg me if interested.

Rgds.

beevers autopanels, google search it

they sell mk1 rear panels for the lower none flared arch models which will supply the bodyshop with all they need to replace the parts that rust

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    16v.... were your arches guaranteed for any length of time?

I need mine doing, again!! but i don't want the rust coming back 2 months down the line, lol.
    This is what I mean and invisage.

Renault won't manufacture rear quarters much longer, so it seems like now or never', albeit at significant cost in the short term?'

theres no guarantee renault ones wont rust either, its still just a sheet of pressed steel

the rust re-occurance is all down to the bodyshop, not the parts

renault may use a slightly higher grade of steel, but it will still rust straight through if badly fitted or poorly painted

i'd be more worried about finding a decent, reputable bodyshop than where you'll get a few square feet of metal from

:withstupidup: no need to buy it yourself as the bodyshop will get it & sort it all out for you, just need to find a good one

Fair enough, but again with the reps here, no doubt you all know so many people in the trade and forget that for average Joe, finding a good mech / body worker that knows the car well enough is a really tough deal.

I don't have any such contacts so might just as well end up getting a Unipart fitting and a repaint job from Kwik-Fit.

My postcode is WF14, if anyone can help.

not sure about bodyshops up leeds way i'm afraid mate, sure there must be a more northerly member on here who will know one up there

l.w. smart repairs near me have done all my bodywork and darrens (talkingfish) and they do a cracking job, but not cheap

i'm sure people will come along fairly soon with some suggestions, however, as has been said a fair few times, the cost of parts and materials is fairly cheap. This is so common of Clio's that some bodyshops will have seen it time and time again so the odds of getting someone experienced is better than you think...

The main cost is labor, the time it takes to prep the panels, weld and then prep for pain etc... people have done their own on here too... just depends on the quality of job... some people have paid big money only to have them come back within 12 months, so i'd see if you can get a nice happy medium in there somewhere...