Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HEAD EXCHANGE

Forum User

HEAD EXCHANGE

just a word of aqdvise peeps iv got a willy 1 no 374, and just had the hole of the engine refurbed head to toe and loads of other work done on it like re-bore, new pistons oulet manifold ported and polished and head skimmed the list could go on. All done by a company called HEAD EXCHANGE which is located in Richmound,

well wot can i say, i would never recommend them to anyone due to there poor customer service and the engine work being really poor and several other issus just wanted to let peeps no that if they were thinking of going all out on there engine dont and i strickly use the the word DONT use this company

just 4 letters

s t a n

he is the man.

Re: my engine

Quote Originally Posted by preston420
    just a word of aqdvise peeps iv got a willy 1 no 374, and just had the hole of the engine refurbed head to toe and loads of other work done on it like re-bore, new pistons oulet manifold ported and polished and head skimmed the list could go on. All done by a company called HEAD EXCHANGE which is located in Richmound,

well wot can i say, i would never recommend them to anyone due to there poor customer service and the engine work being really poor and several other issus just wanted to let peeps no that if they were thinking of going all out on there engine dont and i strickly use the the word DONT use this company
    Have they actually done the work to a level the car actually works and hasn't broken down? If so, consider yourself lucky. I never go to garages now except for the MOT and even then I wont let them touch it.

Re: my engine

Quote Originally Posted by preston420

What were they asking for that work to be done out of interest?

Been thinking about getting a full rebuild of mine but not looked into it fully yet.

buy a spare willy lump for 300quid and do it yourself mate, sell on the old engine.

that way cars never off the road, and theres no chance of a **** up on someones elses part causing you lots of grief and expense.

i never let anyone touch my car, never have done due to all the horror stories and the fact its heavily modified, and i have had no mechanical training, so anyone can learn easily enough

What about the serials on the engine? Won't the motor lose value doing that?

Easy enough to learn on then do you rekon? I just wanna make sure its worth it really - nice to know the engine is 'as new' again really.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by _ol_
    What about the serials on the engine? Won't the motor lose value doing that?

Easy enough to learn on then do you rekon? I just wanna make sure its worth it really - nice to know the engine is 'as new' again really.
    re serial depends how much of a purist u are for total originality

think std engine rebuilds r only worth doin if its showing serious signs of problems, heavy oil consumption, or a serious death rattle these types of issues would indicate serious engine probs, the F7R lump seems a pretty decent unit mine has covered 127.5k and has a healthy compression consumes next to no oil and performance is on a par with what they were like when new good basic maintenance is the key to reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by J o n
    most places that say they can do this and that are expert bullshitters first and foremost. I'll only take my car to Andy Cutler and no one else, in fact only 4 people have ever been allowed to touch it, Andy, Danny (sideways dan), Mark (ex GDI) and Darren.

I spent some money back in the day with some cowboy outfit and by some miracle he's still getting people through his door paying large sums of money for work which is never started let alone finished. It's a sad state of affairs, but the industry is rife with chancers :(

errrrrr..thanks for mentioning the fact i kept that car on the road for you for years .........yeah.really......ta.

I hear Hill Power do a good job on engine rebuilds for the F7R. I believe they used to work on the old Clio racers back in the day...

My local garage in Runcorn are very good, have used them for years since my first car, always do a good job and don't bull shit. They rebuilt my cylinder head a few years back after a cambelt failure, and did an excellent job, wouldn't take it anywhere else tbh. Although they don't do tuning work so if I wanted this done I'd prob take it to Hillpower as they have done work on my car in the past (original owner) and Nick has a very good rep.