Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    * Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Quote Originally Posted by white16valver
    Sounds like it might be worth doing a cooling system flush (and maybe an overhaul) - this should clear the crap out and help the cooling process be more efficient

It might also be that your rad is a bit gunked up with road crap so it could be worth spraying through the fins with medium pressure water. Not too high pressure though as I believe the rads are quite delicate!

Mine always gets quite hot when ragging it so I'll let you know if it changes after I do my rad and matrix!

Did you open the bonnet when you'd stopped afterwards, and park so the rad faced into the wind and there was wind flow over the top of the engine? I find this the best thing for mine
    well my coolant is only 16k miles / 2 years old ,i am using the pink/red stuff and i have flushed a million times before i fitted a brand new tank on there . but funny enough the color of coolant has gone quite dull .
    may be there is a tiny oil leak into the cooling system causing this ?

i think i will just rip apart soon and find out what the problem is

need one of me oil coolers :P

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFielder
    need one of me oil coolers :P
    might do , lure me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Justin..
    i can uderstand that but the engine still be generating alot of heat @ 3.5 k

Forum User
    I dont want to seem im going over the same point , but, is your fan sucking air through the rad,or is it wired in reverse an trying to blow back through rad.

Happened to my mates ww2 willys jeep, when it was was in slow traffic ,no probs,but when he was blatting along temp rose dramatically .

Couldnt understand what was happening? In his case he had put fan blade on back to front,cause it was pulley driven.

Quote Originally Posted by col
    I dont want to seem im going over the same point , but, is your fan sucking air through the rad,or is it wired in reverse an trying to blow back through rad.

Happened to my mates ww2 willys jeep, when it was was in slow traffic ,no probs,but when he was blatting along temp rose dramatically .

Couldnt understand what was happening? In his case he had put fan blade on back to front,cause it was pulley driven.

col i answered this one a week a go , keep up man :D ^^^^
    my fan is a standard 19 16v one , which is behind the rad (looking from front of the car ) and is sucking air ,blowing towards the engine .
    is this not the way its supposed to be ?

Forum User
    EERR ye!

old radiator ?? could be lots of deposits in it..

just another thought , would a lean running engine heat up quicker ??

Forum User
    a lean engine will definitely run hotter m8 so you would expect it to reach working temp quicker